Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steering Wheel Opinions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2021 | 06:14 PM

2021 C63S Sedan
Steering Wheel Opinions

I'm pretty conflicted between the all DINAMICA vs. DINAMICA/Carbon Fiber steering wheel for my 2022 C63 order. Was wondering what everyone who has used either of them thinks in terms of comfort, durability, looks, etc!
Old 07-29-2021 | 11:49 PM
Xec

IG: @amg.svr
Originally Posted by 3lectr0bar0n
I'm pretty conflicted between the all DINAMICA vs. DINAMICA/Carbon Fiber steering wheel for my 2022 C63 order. Was wondering what everyone who has used either of them thinks in terms of comfort, durability, looks, etc!
I strongly considered the carbon fiber steering wheel but skipped it because of the DINAMICA hand grips. The material requires more maintenance than I want to do and if you don't take care of it, they can get really really nasty (you see this pretty often on used AMG cars).

I'd go for the carbon one 100%. Sounds like you're willing to care for the DINAMICA and the carbon option not only gives you the full racy look but there's less suede to take care of
The following users liked this post:
3lectr0bar0n (07-30-2021)
Old 07-30-2021 | 06:08 AM

2021 C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by 3lectr0bar0n
I truly appreciate and enjoy the combo that I have in my '21 C63S - the carbon gives it a great look and for those that like to put their hand on the top or bottom of the wheel when cruising, it's quite comfortable and good size round. The dinamica at the 9 and 3 o'clock hand positions is perfect for when you're driving aggressive as it offers excellent grip. Personally I see no issue and don't have the slightest concern over excessive wear - it would take a very long time under normal driving conditions to ruin it unless you're doing something weird. I don't do anything for special care. The only downside that I can even think of regarding the carbon is that it will get warm/hot it direct sunlight - such as when the car is parked - if you don't have sunscreen, however it cools down quick.
The following 2 users liked this post by djprov431:
3lectr0bar0n (07-30-2021), Sullicc4 (07-30-2021)
Old 07-30-2021 | 07:09 AM

GLE400, 2017 Porsche 911S
I test drove a car with all DINAMICA and really liked it. It actually gave the car a more spirited feel when driving. I was able to order my car and spec it out. I did go with all DINAMICA and I'm really enjoying it. I am a little OCD with finishes and how they will hold up in time so I do have some concerns. The look and feel each time I drive backs up my choice.
I did spec out my car with all the carbon fiber options except for the steering wheel. Although the combination of a DINAMICA and carbon fiber steering wheel is amazing, I like the look, feel, and function of the all DINAMICA steering wheel.
Tuff but good decisions lie ahead. Good luck and just ENJOY the process!

The following users liked this post:
3lectr0bar0n (07-30-2021)
Old 07-30-2021 | 10:31 PM

2021 C63s Sedan
gotta have dinamica its top tier and sets you apart. Check out my IG: _cexy63s I have a bunch of content & YouTube videos on my 2021 C63s fully loaded last v8