C63S - Downpipe without tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2022, 12:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
s205 c63s 2016
Smile C63S - Downpipe without tune

Greetings from Sweden,

I just order decatted downpipes for my c63s but to begin with I am going to drive without a tune, therefore I would love some input on these questions:

Do I need oxygen (o2) sensor spacers/extender to maybe be able to bypass the CEL? I read that some people say it won't work with spacers and some people say it works fine for them with spacers.

If so do I need both spacers on top and bottom or only at bottom sensors? and what spacer/extender works on the bottom sensor when it comes to angels, 45 or even 90 degree?

Also if spacer/extender are somehow helpful when it comes to be lucky and able to by pass CEL, does the spacer/extender need to have a catalytic converter inside or does a regular one do the job?

and if this dosen't work at all, what are the consequences to drive with the CEL on? may cause some other issues, failures and such that will make any harm?

Best Regards,
Brandon

my ride to full fill my thread :p
Old 06-22-2022, 01:38 AM

Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts
C63s Sedan
Originally Posted by zeedio
Greetings from Sweden,

I just order decatted downpipes for my c63s but to begin with I am going to drive without a tune, therefore I would love some input on these questions:

Do I need oxygen (o2) sensor spacers/extender to maybe be able to bypass the CEL? I read that some people say it won't work with spacers and some people say it works fine for them with spacers.

If so do I need both spacers on top and bottom or only at bottom sensors? and what spacer/extender works on the bottom sensor when it comes to angels, 45 or even 90 degree?

Also if spacer/extender are somehow helpful when it comes to be lucky and able to by pass CEL, does the spacer/extender need to have a catalytic converter inside or does a regular one do the job?

and if this dosen't work at all, what are the consequences to drive with the CEL on? may cause some other issues, failures and such that will make any harm?

Best Regards,
Brandon

my ride to full fill my thread :p
driving with CEL’s wont harm the vehicle but you might not notice another problem with the car unless you have an OBD reader to find out if theres other codes. I did it for a week or two before getting my tune.

as far as the spacers, I know nothing about that
The following users liked this post:
hotdognobun (06-07-2024)
Old 06-23-2022, 10:29 AM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
AMG C63s, e70 X5M, 335i,AMG glc63
The "spacers" worked on my catless c63s but not on my glc63... hit or miss, my friend passed Cali smog in his vetted with the spacers...
Old 08-28-2023, 07:07 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
c450
Hi Brandon, what did you end up doing and did it work?
Old 10-06-2023, 01:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 s63 coupe 2018 s450 ,2016 X6
so for my original question i should be good with no tune for my hi flow catted downpipes ? and i have the spacer they said it will not show a light ? … worst case if i need a tune anyone know a easy plug and play one to get ?
Old 06-07-2024, 10:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2022 GLC300, 2018 S560, 2018 GLE43
Originally Posted by PoLo_Jose
so for my original question i should be good with no tune for my hi flow catted downpipes ? and i have the spacer they said it will not show a light ? … worst case if i need a tune anyone know a easy plug and play one to get ?
What did you end up doing? I’m looking to do the same to mine