C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just ordered OE Tune and Fi DPs from Autotalent!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2022, 04:01 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 C63s AMG and 2017 Porsche Macan Turbo
Just ordered OE Tune and Fi DPs from Autotalent!

Just ordered my OE tune (directly from OE website) and Fi catless downpipes I found on autotalent.com - can't wait to hear this v8 make some noise!!

Anyone have experience installing the Fi or comparable brands DPs and have an accurate idea of how long it should take?

I've done some searching but I'm getting responses all over the map, from a couple hours to a couple days. Mostly if it's gonna take more than 5-7 hours then I will get my other car brought down so I'm not stuck. But if it'll be done in about half a day then I'm just going to bring my laptop to the shop and work from there bc I literally cannot wait to hear this beast! haha

I booked a 4 hour apt to have them installed at my local performance shop (We only have two options on my island and I bet neither of them has worked on a C63 before; 1320 automotive which is an all around performance shop, or Autotech which is a German specific shop but they're really focused on regular maintenance for Porsche so I'm planning on going to 1320 since they only do aftermarket work and probably install a lot more DPs).

Would also love to hear everyone's feedback on the Fi downpipe sound, and which DPs have the most popular sound? I'm a little concerned the Fi sounds a little "rice burner-ish" on the youtube videos, the cracks and backfires remind me of the old coffee can honda civic mufflers lol but I ordered it with confidence that it only sounds that way due to the cheap computer speakers, and I can tell by the bloggers reactions that I'm going to be very happy with the sound I think haha

Thanks for any feedback! Will update once installed..
The following users liked this post:
SALES@OETUNING (07-07-2022)
Old 07-06-2022, 04:17 PM

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
2020 C63s Coupe
If you are planning to not re-use stock downpipe, installer can just cut stock downpipe in half to remove it from the car.
Most aftermarket downpipe come in 2 pieces, so once stock pipe is removed, it can be installed without needing to do any other modification.
This should take about 4 to 6 hours to complete.

If you want to keep your stock downpipe in tack so that you can install it back in the future, installer need to drop your entire transmission to remove the downpipe.
I assume that this will take significantly longer time to get it done.

I personally went with first method.
Gkg434 (07-06-2022)
Old 07-06-2022, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by AMG82
If you are planning to not re-use stock downpipe, installer can just cut stock downpipe in half to remove it from the car.
Most aftermarket downpipe come in 2 pieces, so once stock pipe is removed, it can be installed without needing to do any other modification.
This should take about 4 to 6 hours to complete.

If you want to keep your stock downpipe in tack so that you can install it back in the future, installer need to drop your entire transmission to remove the downpipe.
I assume that this will take significantly longer time to get it done.

I personally went with first method.
Thanks! I would like the option to tone it down in the future if I decide to sell the car, but since I don't need to revert back to stock to sell it I think I'd rather just have to order an OEM downpipe or fabricate a comparable DP if/when that time actually came.

Anyone have any experience or have heard a C63 with the ZAC motorsports or VRP victory road performance downpipes?

The VRP downpipe is half the cost; so I'm curious if it's missing the section for the cats entirely or what (website says weld in cats are required with this product https://www.vrpspeed.com/product/w20...amg-downpipes/ )

And ZAC:
https://www.zacmotorsport.com/collec...39636805976107
Old 07-06-2022, 08:26 PM

Ended up canceling the Fi downpipe order and ordering from VRP instead, they actually shipped it out while we were on the phone! (UPS just happened to pull up while I was finishing the order online and talking to their rep). It was $699, and seems pretty similar to the one I was paying $1,400ish for. I think it'll totally suit my needs, being that this isn't a track car, it's just my daily driver that will occasionally leave dust on any camaros or mustangs that try to challenge.
'1663s (07-06-2022)