Sponsored by:

Large Coffee Vanished Into Back Passenger Carpet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2022, 12:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 c63s
Large Coffee Vanished Into Back Passenger Carpet

I’m trying to diagnose 1) what happened to the coffee 2) what should I do about it?

A very large, cold brew coffee, full of frothy cream, emptied fully onto the carpet and was completely sucked into the floor below, the carpet was mostly left dry above. It poured on the carpet between the mat and the side panel, in the back passenger area - basically right in the area where the tip of the front passenger seat rail ends. I attached a photo of the area

Any advice? I’m assuming I’m in a similar spot as the leaking sunroof problem, and I need to open the floors up to clean in out before it molds and ruins wiring and electronics?

I have 2019 c63s coupe. Any timely thoughts (before this molds) would be appreciated.
Old 07-10-2022, 07:07 PM

Received 134 Likes on 94 Posts
2018 C63s
******I would wet vac (Shop Vac) the heck out of that ASAP. In addition, gently moist microfiber towels on that carpet until it comes up mostly clean. Also, stop drinking coffee and stick with water or light beer!

If you let that really dry it is gonna STINK. If it really starts to smell bad, you can pull the carpet up and clean it all correctly. There is underlayment and sound deadening under there. It's NOT an easy job and I feel for you. Rear lower seats do come out, and you can pull up carpet a bit from the back to clean in the foot well. You will need trim tools to tuck everything back in again and have to be careful to not pinch up wires or the looms, etc..

I had a friend roast a $5000 Command module by accidentally dumping his kids milk that was in a poorly sealed container. He was strapping in the kid and put the milk ON the dashboard, and it spilled INTO the back of the screen area and just roasted everything - it STUNK so badly after a couple of days. OMG.

Not a warranty thing and it was out of pocket. He only gives his kid water now I bet, and the kid is perhaps now destined for osteoporosis or something later in life.

Cars used to be a lot simpler, and if ya spilled coffee, your beer, or whatever it was no big deal - hose it off and move on with life... NOW, the flippin' seat electronics and modules for several looms are there and they are resistant to moisture but stuff can infiltrate if it is enough liquid. They are NOT cheap.

So sorry this happened, and hope you clean it up soon.

The following users liked this post:
miamiboy (07-11-2022)
Old 07-11-2022, 01:27 PM

Received 57 Likes on 38 Posts
C63s Sedan
under the carpet in the rear passenger by the door are all the electronics for the fuel delivery system, hopefully nothing gets messed up.