Sponsored by:

New Owner Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2023 | 08:25 AM

C63 AMG Sedan
New Owner Questions

Hey guys,

Just bought a 2020 C63 (non S) sedan with the lighting package, multimedia package, and digital instrument cluster.

Just have a few questions, as this is my first Mercedes.
  1. Is there a way to disable the “don’t forget your key” message?
  2. Can you program the super sport screen to individual mode? I’d like comfort to always have the normal screen mode and have it switch to super sport in Individual
  3. Would love to keep the exhaust open and disable auto stop start. Has a tuner come out with that ability?
  4. Have any aftermarket exhausts worked in valves that use the OEM exhaust button on the non S?
  5. The brakes seem extremely touchy/jerky even in comfort mode. I’ve driven/owned a bunch of other similar cars (911/m4/quad) and none were this intense at low speeds. Is it just the car? Or is there a flash/update for this
  6. Emotion start is cool- I’ve seen some people say 3000rpms but I’ve only seen it go to 2000 vs 1800, and after the initial bark it immediately quiets down… kind of counterintuitive. Am I missing something?
  7. If I set up my wife an individual profile, what benefits does it have, and how do I switch between them? In other cars, pressing the 2 for the seat memory will auto switch to her profile. Is that the case here?
  8. What is the summer tire of choice for you all?
  9. Any common service items I should be aware of? Love the car overall.
  10. does the US spec have the particulate filter on the facelift? The forums have mixed responses. Overall this car is very different than the others, but they’re all good in their own way.

Last edited by QVguy; 02-26-2023 at 08:45 AM.
Old 02-26-2023 | 02:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
  1. Third-party coders like BenzNinja may be able to do it
  2. No. Personally not a fan of instrument clusters tied to drive modes. Want it to always be like I configured it, with the information I wanna see and not the information that the manufacturer thinks I wanna see in each mode.
  3. There are aftermarket modules for the exhaust valves from RennTech for example, and BenzNinja as well as other coders can disable ECO start/stop permanently
  4. Most people who modify the exhaust seem to not replace the entire exhaust, just the DPs.
  5. Yes, they are somewhat touchy. I switched to the C63 Black Series full floating rotors in the front. FCP Euro has a full kit. Cheaper than OEM brakes, too. Just ordered a new set as my brakes are worn again
  6. No you are not missing anything. It doesn't always work. Seems to require certain engine conditions. It doesn't really do anything on cold start, and mostly only works on warm start, but only if the car has not been parked too long. You get pops & crackles from the exhaust when it works.
  7. Profiles allow for multiple drivers to have their personalized settings. If you set up a profile for your wife, she can have her own instrument cluster configuration, settings etc. including her own personalized individual driving mode w/o messing with yours. You can set up profiles under System|Personalization and there is also an option to bring up a prompt every time the car is started so you can select the profile. If you want her to also use the Mercedes me features from her phone, then she needs her own Mercedes me account and you have to invite her to yours. This will automatically create a profile for her and if you have auto syncing enabled under Personalization then it will automatically download to the car.
  8. PS4S
  9. No. The powertrain is solid on this cars.
  10. No, US spec have secondary cats like the PFL

Last edited by superswiss; 02-26-2023 at 02:07 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by superswiss:
jj18 (02-26-2023), QVguy (02-26-2023)
Old 02-26-2023 | 02:09 PM

C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by superswiss
  1. Third-party coders like BenzNinja may be able to do it
  2. No. Personally not a fan of instrument clusters tied to drive modes. Want it to always be like I configured it, with the information I wanna see and not the information that the manufacturer thinks I wanna see in each mode.
  3. There are aftermarket modules for the exhaust valves from RennTech for example, and BenzNinja as well as other coders can disable ECO start/stop permanently
  4. Most people who modify the exhaust seem to not replace the entire exhaust, just the DPs.
  5. Yes, they are somewhat touchy. I switched to the C63 Black Series full floating rotors in the front. FCP Euro has a full kit. Cheaper than OEM brakes, too. Just ordered a new set as my brakes are worn again
  6. No you are not missing anything. It doesn't always work. Seems to require certain engine conditions. It doesn't really do anything on cold start, and mostly only works on warm start, but only if the car has not been parked too long. You get pops & crackles from the exhaust when it works.
  7. Profiles allow for multiple drivers to have their personalized settings. If you set up a profile for your wife, she can have her own instrument cluster configuration, settings etc. including her own personalized individual driving mode w/o messing with yours. You can set up profiles under System|Personalization and there is also an option to bring up a prompt every time the car is started so you can select the profile. If you want her to also use the Mercedes me features from her phone, then she needs her own Mercedes me account and you have to invite her to yours. This will automatically create a profile for her and if you have auto syncing enabled under Personalization then it will automatically download to the car.
  8. PS4S
  9. No. The powertrain is solid on this cars.
  10. No, US spec have secondary cats like the PFL
thank you for the thorough reply! Good to know. I will look into benzNinja and a few other things you mentioned.
Old 02-27-2023 | 05:41 PM

2019 C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by QVguy
Hey guys,

Just bought a 2020 C63 (non S) sedan with the lighting package, multimedia package, and digital instrument cluster.

Just have a few questions, as this is my first Mercedes.
  1. Is there a way to disable the “don’t forget your key” message?
  2. Can you program the super sport screen to individual mode? I’d like comfort to always have the normal screen mode and have it switch to super sport in Individual
  3. Would love to keep the exhaust open and disable auto stop start. Has a tuner come out with that ability?
  4. Have any aftermarket exhausts worked in valves that use the OEM exhaust button on the non S?
  5. The brakes seem extremely touchy/jerky even in comfort mode. I’ve driven/owned a bunch of other similar cars (911/m4/quad) and none were this intense at low speeds. Is it just the car? Or is there a flash/update for this
  6. Emotion start is cool- I’ve seen some people say 3000rpms but I’ve only seen it go to 2000 vs 1800, and after the initial bark it immediately quiets down… kind of counterintuitive. Am I missing something?
  7. If I set up my wife an individual profile, what benefits does it have, and how do I switch between them? In other cars, pressing the 2 for the seat memory will auto switch to her profile. Is that the case here?
  8. What is the summer tire of choice for you all?
  9. Any common service items I should be aware of? Love the car overall.
  10. does the US spec have the particulate filter on the facelift? The forums have mixed responses. Overall this car is very different than the others, but they’re all good in their own way.
# 8. Switch from the stock Michelin Pilot Super Sport to a better handling Michelin PS4S.
#9. The 3 photos below are the Mercedes Benz Service Worksheet to be require or recommended service work to be performed either in Miles (thousands) or Years.
* Had a few rattles now and then and this past December MB shop applied Krytox lube to interior and exterior roof seals which corrected the issue. Also in December with my car approaching 4 years old when the On Dash displayed: 12V Battery see Operator's Manual. Drove to MB Dealership and while I waited they replaced the Battery under warranty.
Otherwise the car 2019 C63s coupe with 23,840 miles has been very solid.

Old 02-27-2023 | 05:51 PM

C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by jj18
# 8. Switch from the stock Michelin Pilot Super Sport to a better handling Michelin PS4S.
#9. The 3 photos below are the Mercedes Benz Service Worksheet to be require or recommended service work to be performed either in Miles (thousands) or Years.
* Had a few rattles now and then and this past December MB shop applied Krytox lube to interior and exterior roof seals which corrected the issue. Also in December with my car approaching 4 years old when the On Dash displayed: 12V Battery see Operator's Manual. Drove to MB Dealership and while I waited they replaced the Battery under warranty.
Otherwise the car 2019 C63s coupe with 23,840 miles has been very solid.

wonderful thank you