Sponsored by:

Lower control arm squeak

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2023, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lexus IS350
Lower control arm squeak

Hi guys, I know a few members here have had to replace their entire lower control arm due to squeaking coming from the rubber bushings when turning the wheel. I actually just had my left hand side replaced last year but now the right hand side is squeaking too, so probably needs to be replaced.

What would happen if i just kept driving and continued to let the noise go on? I'm contemplating on just living with the squeak so long as it doesn't cause any drastic failure to other components and it wont turn into anything more than just a squesk. Although it is just the bushing, apparently the entire control arm needs to be replaced.
Old 07-21-2023, 12:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 511 Likes on 346 Posts
700HP Facelift converted PFL C63 S Coupe
Originally Posted by myonoshane
Hi guys, I know a few members here have had to replace their entire lower control arm due to squeaking coming from the rubber bushings when turning the wheel. I actually just had my left hand side replaced last year but now the right hand side is squeaking too, so probably needs to be replaced.

What would happen if i just kept driving and continued to let the noise go on? I'm contemplating on just living with the squeak so long as it doesn't cause any drastic failure to other components and it wont turn into anything more than just a squesk. Although it is just the bushing, apparently the entire control arm needs to be replaced.
Nothing will happen except for the annoying occasional squeak. I've got this right now and had it for the past 6 months all I did was lube it with Silicon spray grease to stop the squeaking on speed breakers (speed bumps) and it's lasted a long time because I can't be f*cked fixing it at this stage as I'm trying to pin-point other annoying squeaks in the interior for now.
Old 08-28-2023, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 Edition 1 C63 AMG S
I had this issue at 17k miles on my car. I was already out of warranty by then but convinced Mercedes to replace it for me. I still got stuck paying the labor but so far it has been ok for a year now. Definitely a frustrating thing to deal with on a car of this nature being that is sounds so mean but also has the sound of a chew toy with the squeak. I personally couldn't deal with the combination of both of those sounds but I'm hoping that it never comes back again. From my understanding, nothing will happen from continuing to drive it that way. Just the noise.