Sponsored by:

C63s misfiring on bank 1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2023, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 c63s
C63s misfiring on bank 1

C63s misfiring on cylinders 1-4, mods are downpipes and tune, already swapped coils and plugs between banks with no difference.

Only codes are the misfiring for all of bank 1, cold start seems fine for a few seconds then idle drops down and cel flashing and you can feel the misfiring and roughness on my scanner showing only for that bank. When I rev it, the motor seems to run a bit smoother but roughness doesn’t go away. Checked compression and all the numbers were good and didn’t vary much between cylinders, before I waste time swapping injectors between banks anyone have any other ideas what could be causing it?

Logging fuel pressure match up between banks and are what spec is for idle. Not sure what else besides injectors, but find it hard to believe all 4 would go out at the same time.
Old 12-08-2023, 10:18 AM

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
17 C63S Coupe PTG1000
Originally Posted by ajpm26
C63s misfiring on cylinders 1-4, mods are downpipes and tune, already swapped coils and plugs between banks with no difference.

Only codes are the misfiring for all of bank 1, cold start seems fine for a few seconds then idle drops down and cel flashing and you can feel the misfiring and roughness on my scanner showing only for that bank. When I rev it, the motor seems to run a bit smoother but roughness doesn’t go away. Checked compression and all the numbers were good and didn’t vary much between cylinders, before I waste time swapping injectors between banks anyone have any other ideas what could be causing it?

Logging fuel pressure match up between banks and are what spec is for idle. Not sure what else besides injectors, but find it hard to believe all 4 would go out at the same time.
What fuel are you running? Any chance it could be bad gas?
Old 12-10-2023, 12:36 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C63 Amg coupe 2018
Originally Posted by ajpm26

I guess everyone is having the exact same issues as me right now. Replace the plugs after 30k all 8 ngk iridium oem plugs can be found for 130-150. You can do it yourself with threads on here. Then make the dealer replace the coil or coils that cause the misfire mine were out of warranty and they still fixed it for free. Then also make the dealer update the firmware this is non negotiable it won’t fix the problem without the dealers love on the ecu at least mine and several others didn’t! This will wipe your tune out which is on purpose imo. This is why I have a piggy back! I had a recirculating valve on my turbo go out. Also had a rail pressure sensor go out and dual zone climate.

If your at 5 years over 30k miles be proactive unlike I was. Change the above items your def not alone in these issues.