Sponsored by:

7 speed mct rebuild

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2024, 07:11 PM

Received 110 Likes on 78 Posts
2007 E350
7 speed mct rebuild

Having weird problems with my 7 speed mct. I’m sure most here are familiar with this knows whats going on. So in the videos when shift from drive to reverse, you can see that the rpm rises and when rpm drops I can feel the transmission engaging and the whole car just shake & can hear a low thud. Worst when its cold. Same thing going from reverse to drive. When I go from park to reverse or from park to drive, it’s totally normal. No rpm rising. Is this a solenoid problem or the clutch?

https://youtube.com/shorts/olabI4D0_cA?si=44mSQINSaRHcuUHG
Old 01-10-2024, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 512 Likes on 347 Posts
700HP Facelift converted PFL C63 S Coupe
Originally Posted by koifysh
https://youtube.com/shorts/olabI4D0_...mSQINSaRHcuUHG

Having weird problems with my 7 speed mct. I’m sure most here are familiar with this knows whats going on. So in the videos when shift from drive to reverse, you can see that the rpm rises and when rpm drops I can feel the transmission engaging and the whole car just shake & can hear a low thud. Worst when its cold. Same thing going from reverse to drive. When I go from park to reverse or from park to drive, it’s totally normal. No rpm rising. Is this a solenoid problem or the clutch?
Thank you for uploading the video to youtube as it makes it easier for others to view. I'd like to ask you when was the transmission last serviced and how many miles are on your car?

The first thing we should do is a transmission reset using this guide. For me I do it every 6 months as my 7G transmission gets notchy after a while and thuds on downshift from 4th to 3rd etc.

If it still continues to play around, take it in to an independent Mercedes shop get the transmission diagnosed/serviced and a proper hard TCU reset using Xentry.
Old 01-10-2024, 09:17 PM

2007 E350
Originally Posted by Jimmy_c63s
Thank you for uploading the video to youtube as it makes it easier for others to view. I'd like to ask you when was the transmission last serviced and how many miles are on your car?

The first thing we should do is a transmission reset using this guide. For me I do it every 6 months as my 7G transmission gets notchy after a while and thuds on downshift from 4th to 3rd etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt5KfDAK5Ds

If it still continues to play around, take it in to an independent Mercedes shop get the transmission diagnosed/serviced and a proper hard TCU reset using Xentry.

totally forgot about my trans service lol. Probably way overdue. 70k miles.
Old 01-10-2024, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

totally forgot about my trans service lol. Probably way overdue. 70k miles.
Hehe let's get it done brother + TCU reset in Xentry I bet you it will fix it.
Old 01-21-2024, 04:14 AM

2007 E350
Originally Posted by Jimmy_c63s
Hehe let's get it done brother + TCU reset in Xentry I bet you it will fix it.
update! That reset from youtube worked! Now gotta do the trans service as I think its wayy overdue
The following users liked this post:
Jimmy_c63s (01-22-2024)
Old 01-21-2024, 04:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

update! That reset from youtube worked! Now gotta do the trans service as I think its wayy overdue
Way to go bro really glad to hear this!! Your car will be even better after the trans service
The following users liked this post:
koifysh (01-22-2024)