C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just giot this on dash image???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2024 | 07:44 AM
Out Of Control!!

PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by ///Bruce
The Porsche Macan has its own set of issues. Timing chain cover oil leakage, transfer case, and a faulty A/C line. That’s about it. The TC was given a 7 year warranty by Porsche. The TCC leakage can be fixed by swapping two bolts. In my case they dropped the engine and replaced all the bolts. Other than that it’s been solid at 77k on it. The C63S coupe was ordered and driven by my wife. Different vehicles different likes/dislikes.
Fair fair, all cars have their own set of issues, no car is really truly perfect. The timing chain cover oil leak is a common issue I am aware on Porsche engines, I heard that was one of the reasons why they switched to their audi engines for the facelift, (other than maybe saving some money as well). Either way though, glad it was all fixed and you are enjoying the vehicle.

For sure, different products for different folks, I agree.
Old 04-28-2024 | 08:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 AMG GTC Coupe & 2018 Macan Turbo
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
Fair fair, all cars have their own set of issues, no car is really truly perfect. The timing chain cover oil leak is a common issue I am aware on Porsche engines, I heard that was one of the reasons why they switched to their audi engines for the facelift, (other than maybe saving some money as well). Either way though, glad it was all fixed and you are enjoying the vehicle.

For sure, different products for different folks, I agree.
I need to push back on your comment regarding Audi engines being used because of an oil leak in Porsche blocks. Not true. It’s called mass production and cost savings (you mentioned this). It’s the same with most automakers: save money over the years (long run).
Old 04-28-2024 | 08:33 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by ///Bruce
I need to push back on your comment regarding Audi engines being used because of an oil leak in Porsche blocks. Not true. It’s called mass production and cost savings (you mentioned this). It’s the same with most automakers: save money over the years (long run).
I see. So cost saving was the main reason after all. Thanks for confirming.
Old 05-03-2024 | 02:00 PM

2019 C63S Coupe
UPDATE: regarding my original post on engine light.
Drove to mb Dealership last friday morning and determined 2 cylinder had misfired. Fortunately I was able to get a loaner.
However my car was not assigned a tech until this Wednesday. Reason it needed to be assigned to a higher level tech. and will need time to diagnosis cylinder misfires 5 and 6.
So car has been at the Dealership since last Friday morning and was not assigned a tech until Wednesday. This was only done after me texting SM asking why my car was not being worked on. So car sat there for 5 work days before it was assigned a qualified tech.
So it's Friday afternoon and just waiting a updated response from the Dealership. Frustrating for sure.

Old 05-04-2024 | 05:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

700HP Facelift converted PFL C63 S Coupe
Originally Posted by jj18
Drove to mb Dealership last friday morning and determined 2 cylinder had misfired. Fortunately I was able to get a loaner.
However my car was not assigned a tech until this Wednesday. Reason it needed to be assigned to a higher level tech. and will need time to diagnosis cylinder misfires 5 and 6.
So car has been at the Dealership since last Friday morning and was not assigned a tech until Wednesday. This was only done after me texting SM asking why my car was not being worked on. So car sat there for 5 work days before it was assigned a qualified tech.
So it's Friday afternoon and just waiting a updated response from the Dealership. Frustrating for sure.
F*ck that aye
Old 05-07-2024 | 09:31 AM

Expedition
Frustrating for sure. There's a guy here working in my office who is about 1000 miles from home and his Cummins took a **** while he was driving down the highway. He got it to the dealership but has been trying to get an answer for at least a week now on what the problem is and when he'll have his truck back. So far he has no idea and is having to find rides to and from work back to his hotel. Hopefully they have it back to him before he's scheduled to drive back home in a week or two but its not looking good. Needless to say, ive overheard a few rather unpleasant conversations hes had with the Service manager.
Old 05-07-2024 | 10:29 AM

2019 C63s
2 years ago I was having overheating issues and the techs either weren't looking at it the car, or were just being lazy. Dealer was 40 miles from my house and i had to rent cars (no loaners available) and take my car in 3 times, essentially without the vehicle for 4 weeks before I went in and threw a fit. Service manager found the issue within 5 minutes (rock chip on radiator, you could literally see fluid running down the radiator). Could have melted my engine because no one cared to check and tried to send me home 3 times!

Never again, MB Fort Lauderdale
The following users liked this post:
jj18 (05-07-2024)
Old 05-08-2024 | 02:37 PM

2019 C63S Coupe
Update: they replace ignition coils for cylinders #5 and #6.
Now, SA ask if I will authorize an overnight road test to verify the repair and if so I can pick it up tommorow.
I asked who will be doing this overnight road test and where will my car be parked?
SA replied by a Foreman or manager and will be parked at their home.
I replied why can't it be done during business hours from the Dealership? I'm waiting for a reply.
Not really comfortable with this, will my car be parked on the street? etc.
Any advice or recommendation?
SA replied the overnight allows decent miles to be put on where as driving short distance around the Dealership as most issues if still present generally come back by driving the vehicle for a bit.

Last edited by jj18; 05-08-2024 at 03:38 PM.
Old 05-08-2024 | 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
It's a catch-22 situation. Testing is necessary to ensure the problem is resolved. I totally get the reasoning of needing to put some decent miles on it to see if the issue is actually fixed. Foremen and managers are people you can assume are professional and responsible. The foreman at my dealership drives a C63S himself, so I would trust him with an overnight test drive if necessary.
Old 05-08-2024 | 04:06 PM

2019 C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by superswiss
It's a catch-22 situation. Testing is necessary to ensure the problem is resolved. I totally get the reasoning of needing to put some decent miles on it to see if the issue is actually fixed. Foremen and managers are people you can assume are professional and responsible. The foreman at my dealership drives a C63S himself, so I would trust him with an overnight test drive if necessary.
Yes. It makes sense to put decent miles to see it issue is corrected. Initally, I was not comfortable with this but now leaning to have it overnight road test be conducted. Otherwise if I take my car without miles being logged on and engine light comes back on then I have to start all over, back to the Dealership.
I still suspect it was when I fueled up but SM stated it may be just coincidence.

Old 05-08-2024 | 04:32 PM

Expedition
Originally Posted by superswiss
I understand overnight tests are a common thing. But my question is why can’t they drive further during the day and then back to the dealer? Instead of just circles around the dealership. But then you run into the fact that if it was tested long distance during the day it most likely won’t be a foreman or manager because they have other business to attend to during the day. So you’ll have a tech driving you car 50 miles down the highway. Just a tough situation all around for people who love their cars like c63 guys do.
Old 05-08-2024 | 05:04 PM

2019 C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by jetiemann
I understand overnight tests are a common thing. But my question is why can’t they drive further during the day and then back to the dealer? Instead of just circles around the dealership. But then you run into the fact that if it was tested long distance during the day it most likely won’t be a foreman or manager because they have other business to attend to during the day. So you’ll have a tech driving you car 50 miles down the highway. Just a tough situation all around for people who love their cars like c63 guys do.
I have elected to have the overnight road test by either Foreman or Manager, noting to the SA that my car is safely secured overnight.
I can see the Dealership cannot afford to have the Foreman or Service Manager be tied up for a fews hours doing an extended road test during business hours. And no way would I want one of the young Valets performing this function.
So I will update post when I find out more.
jetiemann (05-09-2024)
Old 05-08-2024 | 05:14 PM

Expedition
Thumbs up

I have elected to have the overnight road test by either Foreman or Manager, noting to the SA that my car is safely secured overnight.
I can see the Dealership cannot afford to have the Foreman or Service Manager be tied up for a fews hours doing an extended road test during business hours. And no way would I want one of the young Valets performing this function.
So I will update post when I find out more.
best of luck. Makes me think of those in car camera videos of Valet drivers or service techs driving vehicles like @$$holes oblivious that their being recorded. I think they have them on Teslas and the new Corvettes. Not to give you any more anxiety than you may already have. I do like the fact that they're pushing for the drive after the work instead of just handing it back to you and telling you "Good luck"!
jj18 (05-08-2024)
Old 05-09-2024 | 04:38 PM

2019 C63S Coupe
UPDATE: After an overnight road test the SA stated today:

1. The outside temperature sensor is not reading correctly. ( I knew this already).

2. The engine light did not come back on but there's a noticeable vibration from the engine when at idle. It not constant though.

3. The vehicle drives beautifully.

4. Will look into the outside temperature sensor and also look into the vibration.
Currently awaiting an update from SA regarding # 4 above.

jetiemann (05-09-2024)
Old 05-09-2024 | 05:54 PM

2019 C63S Coupe

1. The outside temperature sensor is not reading correctly. ( I knew this already).

2. The engine light did not come back on but there's a noticeable vibration from the engine when at idle. It not constant though.

4. Will look into the outside temperature sensor and also look into the vibration.

jetiemann (05-09-2024)
Old 05-10-2024 | 07:40 PM

2019 C63S Coupe

UPDATE: regsrding my OP I picked up my car today everything so far is good on drive home. At Dealership for 2 weeks.

1. Replaced Ignition Coils 5 and 6. Also believe 2 spark plugs were replaced.

2.. Ambient temperature sensor was re-calibrated.

3... Idle is normal.

4.. Added Fuel Injection treatment and I filled up with fresh fuel after leaving Dealership.

* MB warranty Ignition Coils regardless of warranty up to 100,000 miles.

Attached photos were the steps performed at the MB Service that addressed my issue(s).

Last edited by jj18; 05-10-2024 at 07:48 PM.
jetiemann (05-11-2024)
Old 05-10-2024 | 09:10 PM
Out Of Control!!

UPDATE: regsrding my OP I picked up my car today everything so far is good on drive home. At Dealership for 2 weeks.

1. Replaced Ignition Coils 5 and 6. Also believe 2 spark plugs were replaced.

2.. Ambient temperature sensor was re-calibrated.

3... Idle is normal.

4.. Added Fuel Injection treatment and I filled up with fresh fuel after leaving Dealership.
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...114da01147.jpg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...40b274b585.jpg

* MB warranty Ignition Coils regardless of warranty up to 100,000 miles.

Attached photos were the steps performed at the MB Service that addressed my issue(s).
Good to hear, thanks for the update! Thanks for posting the work order on the work as well, it will most likely help forum members coming to your thread.
jj18 (05-10-2024)
Old 05-13-2024 | 02:24 AM

2019 C63S Coupe

I checked my home computer and for some reason did not post the 2 photos that douumented the step by step taken by MB tech to address faulty ignition coils 5&6. So here it again. I hope.

Last edited by jj18; 05-13-2024 at 02:39 AM.
Old 05-13-2024 | 08:21 AM
Out Of Control!!

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbworld.org-vbulletin/2000x971/20240513_012226_0b006570b993ac363a763cf74b3329475e 262591.jpg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...82292ee682.jpg

I checked my home computer and for some reason did not post the 2 photos that douumented the step by step taken by MB tech to address faulty ignition coils 5&6. So here it again. I hope.
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...f38bc54897.jpg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...ed2826bf77.jpg
You have a great dealership OP, that is very in depth how they documented everything and troubleshooted every step of the way.