Sponsored by:

Tow hook front license plate

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2024, 10:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63s coupe
Tow hook front license plate

Does anyone has this problem where they installed the tow hook license front plate and sensor keeps activates thinking I’m gonna hit something are there any resolution?
Old 05-09-2024, 02:31 AM

Received 74 Likes on 67 Posts
2019 C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by NYC63s
Does anyone has this problem where they installed the tow hook license front plate and sensor keeps activates thinking I’m gonna hit something are there any resolution?
do not know if this was what you were looking for but I had a choice of drilling into front bumper or securing with strong zip ties to hold the front plate in place and centered. I elected the strong heavy

duty zip ties and after 5 tears no problems. The Dealership installed them when i picked the car new.
Unfortunately NY requires front and rear license plates. Photo above.

Last edited by jj18; 05-09-2024 at 02:54 AM.
Old 05-15-2024, 08:06 PM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
2017 C63S
I bought a screw in plate holder for the front like you show in the first pic (where we "require" front plates also) and I got so sick of it with washes I just threw it in the trunk. I'll take the $50 ticket or whatever it is. 3 yrs, later, it sits in the trunk with zero tickets to date and I go to car shows at least on day a week with cops usually walking around. They are too ugly to mount so give me the ticket is my motto. If I was you I'd just take my chances, I think in most states it's a secondary offense where they can't just pull you for that alone. I could be wrong