C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shop to Install My Brake Pads and Rotors in Maryland/DC?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2024, 04:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2020 C63 Sedan
Shop to Install My Brake Pads and Rotors in Maryland/DC?

Hi everyone,

I live in Baltimore and am looking for a Maryland or DC shop that can replace brake pads and rotors I already have. I've spoken to several shops, but they all decline to install customer-provided parts due to safety and insurance reasons. Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you!
Old 05-24-2024, 07:03 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
GLC 63
Originally Posted by baltimore_amg
Hi everyone,

I live in Baltimore and am looking for a Maryland or DC shop that can replace brake pads and rotors I already have. I've spoken to several shops, but they all decline to install customer-provided parts due to safety and insurance reasons. Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you!
Brakes on these cars are surprisingly easy so I wouldn’t be too picky about where you go, such as an independent merc/bmw shop. They charge a bit more and this job really doesn’t need that level of expertise. But I have heard good things about Eurowerks in Arlington.

You could go to anywhere that specializes in brakes and they could hook you up. I’m down in Southern Maryland, and do a lot of the jobs now on my GLC63 myself. But time can sometimes be tough to come by so I get it.
The following users liked this post:
baltimore_amg (06-06-2024)
Old 05-24-2024, 05:02 PM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
2017 C63S
there are a lot of guys from the forum who will do them with you at your house for maybe a steak and a beer (or two) :-). I've got friends who came and helped me change all 4 on my C63 last month and I just made like a huge seafood boil and beverages as "assistance" and now the car is like a new car brake wise.
The following 2 users liked this post by red60R:
baltimore_amg (06-06-2024), hotdognobun (05-24-2024)
Old 05-24-2024, 09:09 PM

Received 347 Likes on 239 Posts
13 s212 63 p30. 03 s55amg. 06 LX470
Originally Posted by baltimore_amg
Hi everyone,

Thank you!
Generally you need a prior relationship with a shop in order to get them to use your parts. They won’t warranty the parts however so it always makes it a gamble.

may I ask, have you never attempted brakes before? Did you buy parts to save money or planned or trying yourself? It’s very easy and doesn’t require too many tools. Do you have tools, etc.

located in Baltimore as well.
baltimore_amg (06-06-2024)
Old 06-06-2024, 05:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2020 C63 Sedan
Thank you guys for your replies. I ended up using XDealerTechs in MD. They were helpful and willing to install the rotors and pads that I had. I strongly recommend them. Best,
Baltistyle (06-06-2024)