C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A little piece of foam hanging under driverside front bumper and soaked with oil

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2024, 03:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W205.2 C63 Convertible
A little piece of foam hanging under driverside front bumper and soaked with oil

Curious what is this foam about? The most thing that worries me is that this piece of foam is soaked with oil, and seems like it is engine oil because I tried to wipe it with tissue and it looks brown. No oil around oil pan, just this small area. Can it be leaking from this side of the oil pan gasket?
Old 06-03-2024, 04:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 974 Likes on 748 Posts
G550
I think the foam is a vibration damper for the plate it's still partially attached to. Hard to say if there's an oil leak or just a careless spill from a previous oil change.
Old 06-03-2024, 05:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 515 Likes on 347 Posts
700HP Facelift converted PFL C63 S Coupe
Originally Posted by a380iii

Curious what is this foam about? The most thing that worries me is that this piece of foam is soaked with oil, and seems like it is engine oil because I tried to wipe it with tissue and it looks brown. No oil around oil pan, just this small area. Can it be leaking from this side of the oil pan gasket?
The foam is an insulator that sits back just under the oil cooler. Tuck it back in. My one also has dirt and a tiny bit of oil if it's squeezed hard.

You can take it out and wash it then fit it back and see if it fills with oil again but I wouldn't worry too much about it.