Sponsored by:

Mod suggestions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2024, 11:53 AM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
2017 C63S
Mod suggestions?

Hey guys, have '17 C63S, currently with stage 2 Eurocharged tune. Given that, recommendations on upgrading the turbos and if so, I assume will need at least downpipes? And I am guessing EC can give me a new tune once I do this. Anyone running some sort of set up that can provide insight or suggestions?
Old 06-10-2024, 01:39 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
'21 C63S, '24 GLE53
If you want a larger frame, ball bearing turbo, then PTG1000 or PTG X is the way to go. If you just want a stronger turbo on stock frame, then Pure900 or 1000.
I know Eurocharged has off-the-shelf tunes for Pure, but idk if they have it for PTG (I suggest getting the tune from PTG if you go that route anyways)

Definitely get a TCU tune. Catless downpipes are a must. Cats obstruct exhaust flow for the turbos.

To take advantage of the upgraded turbos, you will need fueling upgrades. Low pressure and high pressure pumps are preferred. Alternatively, you can go with water meth injection on stock pumps, but I would advise against this because you are relying on meth spray for octane, which could fail. I would personally just go with upgraded pumps on ethanol fuel.

The plastic intake manifolds are a potential point of failure. They don't usually crack, but it is possible as boost levels get higher.
Weistec and Zac offer billet intake manifolds with potential for port injection. Idk anyone running port injection on these platforms, maybe ask Eurocharged or PTG about that.

You will need colder spark plugs. I don't remember if its one step or two step colder, maybe ask EC or PTG about this.

Need to upgrade cooling. I recommend the Modalworks 3 piece radiator set with trans cooler.

Intakes. If you want closed box design then Blackboost, Zac, Weistec, and PTG are all good. Modalworks has an open design which performs well.

You will need tires. R888R is good.

Depending on your use case, it would be good to upgrade the transmission and differential. Weistec used to offer build kits for the 7 speed, but not anymore. PTG is offering upgraded diffs.
Old 06-10-2024, 04:53 PM

2017 C63S
Originally Posted by vodand12
If you want a larger frame, ball bearing turbo, then PTG1000 or PTG X is the way to go. If you just want a stronger turbo on stock frame, then Pure900 or 1000.
I know Eurocharged has off-the-shelf tunes for Pure, but idk if they have it for PTG (I suggest getting the tune from PTG if you go that route anyways)

Definitely get a TCU tune. Catless downpipes are a must. Cats obstruct exhaust flow for the turbos.

To take advantage of the upgraded turbos, you will need fueling upgrades. Low pressure and high pressure pumps are preferred. Alternatively, you can go with water meth injection on stock pumps, but I would advise against this because you are relying on meth spray for octane, which could fail. I would personally just go with upgraded pumps on ethanol fuel.

The plastic intake manifolds are a potential point of failure. They don't usually crack, but it is possible as boost levels get higher.
Weistec and Zac offer billet intake manifolds with potential for port injection. Idk anyone running port injection on these platforms, maybe ask Eurocharged or PTG about that.

You will need colder spark plugs. I don't remember if its one step or two step colder, maybe ask EC or PTG about this.

Need to upgrade cooling. I recommend the Modalworks 3 piece radiator set with trans cooler.

Intakes. If you want closed box design then Blackboost, Zac, Weistec, and PTG are all good. Modalworks has an open design which performs well.

Depending on your use case, it would be good to upgrade the transmission and differential. Weistec used to offer build kits for the 7 speed, but not anymore. PTG is offering upgraded diffs.
thanks for all that good info, I'll look into all this
Old 06-11-2024, 12:58 PM

2017 C63S
Originally Posted by vodand12

This is the part where we get a 2nd and 3rd job to support our active addiction :-). haaaa