Sponsored by:

Shift Lag from 1st to 2nd - 2019 C63s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2024, 08:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lexus
Shift Lag from 1st to 2nd - 2019 C63s

Just got my c63 about a month ago. I noticed in sport plus in manual shifting from first to second I’ll go to 6-7k then shift and it feels like a delayed shift. I am shifting the paddle pretty softly and not a quick tap. Could this cause it? Coming from a car that had poor shifting pacdles.

i do noticed shifting from second to third etc when I shift quicker the gears change quick.

Is this a me shifting too slow issue? Or is this common
Old 06-12-2024, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,857 Likes on 2,579 Posts
2019 C63CS
Yes, you are too slow and running into the rev limiter and then it cuts the fuel. First gear is very short and if you are not on the ball, it's gonna bounce. Are you paying attention to the shift lights? You have to quickly shift as soon as the instrument cluster flashes all red. Even so I'm sometimes too slow and run into the rev limiter in first.

Last edited by superswiss; 06-12-2024 at 10:36 PM.
Old 06-12-2024, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lexus
Originally Posted by superswiss
Yes, you are too slow and running into the rev limiter and then it cuts fuel. First gear is very short and if you are not on the ball, it's gonna bounce. Are you paying attention to the shift lights? You have to quickly shift as soon as the instrument cluster flashes all red. Even so I'm sometimes too slow and run into the rev limiter in first.
okay perfect. I think that is what’s happening. I did go out for another drive and really shift quicker and the gear just changed instantly.

Is there any damage running the rev limiter and shifting slowly to the transmission?
Old 06-13-2024, 12:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,857 Likes on 2,579 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by f1_play
Is there any damage running the rev limiter and shifting slowly to the transmission?
No, not if you just occasionally and briefly bounce off the rev limiter. This engine actually has a somewhat soft rev limiter. Some other engines cut off rather abruptly and if you keep bouncing off the rev limiter for extended time you could damage the rocker arms. It's pretty common to miss a shift on the track etc., nothing to worry about. Back in the manual transmission days we had to worry about the money shift. That's when you downshift at too high of an rpm, causing the engine to overrev in the lower gear. This transmission won't allow that. It will simply refuse the downshift.