Wheels, tires, suspension question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 Mercedes Benz C63s AMG
Wheels, tires, suspension question

Hello,

I have a 19 C63S AMG. I found myself purchasing 17x10.5 wheels for my rear wheels. I intend to run 315s on the wheels and decrease the rotor to 300mm (as advised for my model). I wanted to ask a few questions regarding suspension and how I can make this fit.

1. I have kw v4s and a camber kit, what else do I need to do for my suspension to fit 315/35R17 on my 17x10.5 wheels?

thank you for all the help

Slicks I want to run P315/35R17

Old Yesterday, 09:46 PM

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
17 C63S Coupe PTG1000
You ideally want camber adjustment on the top and bottom of the rear suspension. Not sure if KWs have camber adjustability up top at the rear, but I know there are other aftermarket arms that have adjustability on the bottom. Also if you want to adjust rear toe, get the Carbahn Rear Toe Arms: https://carbahn.com/product/cbc63-31...a205-c63-c63s/

Not sure if you’re sedan or coupe? On my coupe 305/30/20 ntrrr2’s I rubbed in the rear on the inner back of fender closer to the mufflers when lowered. Got CarBahn’s adjustable coil over springs as well, so hopefully will be able to dial in a bit. Need some more stability in the rear at my power level.

Assuming you’re running some decent power if you’re looking at 17’s.

Old Today, 05:33 AM
SPONSOR

Received 150 Likes on 120 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
RE REAR CAMBER KITS….

C63/S Sedan (and Wagon) we manufacture both upper and lower arm rear adjusters.

Upper adjustable control arms recommend in situations where “extra” Neg Camber needed for “tire to outer fender clearance” K-MAC are not soft extruded aluminum but hi-strength chromoly tube kit P/N 502226-1M $595 (Both Sides). Also includes “extra Toe adjustment” to compensate.

While Lower control arm inner adjustable bushes have the advantage of “retaining clearance” - top of tire to outer fender. Are easier to install (no need for control arm removal) and the advantage also of access to adjust - (single wrench). ULTIMATE - DIRECT ON ALIGNMENT RACK UNDER LOAD. Also uprating / replacing these 2 large soft rubber OEM bushings. P/N 502226K $480 (Both Sides). Also includes “extra Toe adjustment” to compensate.

C63/S Coupe. Coupe model these above “lower arm inner bushes” OEM / EX-FACTORY HAVE FACILITY FOR OFFSET SHIMS. BUT THEY ONLY ALLOW 3.5MM (LESS THEN 3/16”) CAMBER CHANGE !

WE SAW THE NEED FOR SERIOUS ADJUSTMENT AND TO BE ABLE TO DIAL IN PRECISE ADJUSTMENT - direct on alignment rack UNDER LOAD. K-MAC kit provides more then 4 times the adjustment range and like the Sedan / Wagon kit uprates the OEM soft rubber bushings.

At K-MAC we manufacture a TOTAL SYSTEM when it comes to resolving the lack of OEM adjustment (no front Camber or Caster and no rear Camber) - ALL TO DO WITH EVER INCREASING SPEED OF NEW CAR ASSEMBLY LINES and stopping to adjust settings is no longer an option - ONUS NOW PUT BACK ON OWNERS TO FUND PREMATURE TIRE REPLACEMENT !

See Spoiler

Spoiler

AUDI to VOLVO - Experience Of Resolving OEM Suspension Shortcomings (and costs) Since 1964 !

Last edited by K-Mac; Today at 06:09 AM.