Help: Bay Area Body Shop Recommendation Needed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E55 AMG
Help: Bay Area Body Shop Recommendation Needed

Advice needed from all you San Francisco Bay Area Members:

I was driving through a re-paving zone on Hwy 80 near Fairfield heading east and got pelted by small rocks and pebbles. I now have rock chips on the bumper and hood.

Since my car is black, the chipped areas are really noticeable. I'm planning to have the bumber and hood re-painted with the Nano paint/clearcoat.

I've done searches here and have come up with some useful information. I've also contacted many of the local dealers for their recommendations and "certified" body shop. Below is a list of the shops given to me. Let me know if any of you have had personal experiences with these body shops or if you know of other shops.

MBZ of El Dorado Hills recommended: Cooks Collision
MBZ of SF: European Collision
MBZ of Walnut Creek: Concord Collision Care
Autobahn: Euro Tech Collision
Fletcher Jones has their own.

I'm looking for a shop who will be using the OEM Nanoceramic paint/clearcoat. If you know of other recommended shops, I'm open to it. Any inputs you guys may have will be greatly appreciated. TIA!!!
Old 06-19-2009, 01:14 AM

A Prius because I'm green
I had the same thing done and I am having the bumper repainted by Cooks Collision. Mostly because my insurance is USAA and they have them under legal agreement. I talk with them tomorrow morning about the pricing and what they use I can let you know if they use the clear coat or not. Are you in a rush to getting it painted? I could let you know how well of a job they do. Sucks I was just about to have the clear bra put on too, fix your damn roads Cali!
Old 06-19-2009, 01:58 AM

W211 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Mikesamg
I had the same thing done and I am having the bumper repainted by Cooks Collision. Mostly because my insurance is USAA and they have them under legal agreement. I talk with them tomorrow morning about the pricing and what they use I can let you know if they use the clear coat or not. Are you in a rush to getting it painted? I could let you know how well of a job they do. Sucks I was just about to have the clear bra put on too, fix your damn roads Cali!
Mike - Thanks for your reply. No, I'm not in a particular hurry. Please let me know how your discussion goes with Cooks and if they use the nano ceramic clears like the OEM. I've heard of other shops using the ceramic clears from PPG. I hear it's suppose to be a good product as well. I'm also going to be using my insurance to repair but have a bit more flexibility with CSAA. By the way, which Cooks shop were you going to?

Thanks again!!!
Old 09-26-2009, 06:01 PM

e46 m3, w211 E55 amg
if you can come out to the south bay, apex autobody has the best pricing and best paint jobs. check them out on yelp.com