Notices

Sac track report 1/9/10

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 10:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 Charger SRT8
Sac track report 1/9/10

I went to Sacramento Raceway Park yesterday for a test-n-tune. I've gone several times with the MB folks and always have a great time.

Anyways it was cold (low 50s), overcast and kinda damp out. Usually this means really bad traction issues for me.

I took bassn07's advice and did a 3rd gear burnout instead of bouncing off the rev limiter in 1st like I used to. Wow what a big difference.

I got a new PB of 11.20@120.7MPH with a 1.489 60' time. This is with a '07 Charger SRT8 with heads/cam/headers and 3600 stall converter.

I had tried the Builder Bill (Paramount Performance) valve body for my 722.6 tranny (same as some of you guys have) and it didn't work out for me last week. I was about 2-3/10ths slower. Maybe a fluke as others like his stuff. I switched to the blue-top solenoids and got my mojo back yesterday. $300 for the solenoids at parts.com

No Mercedes at the track except for the folks who worked there.

There was a white and carbon fiber BMW 135i there. Guy said he was the fastest one on the west coast. Runs 11.80s @ 120 MPH.

There was also a BMW 335i there. I think he was running low 12s with drag radials.

There was some crazy drag bike there that of course took forever to set up and kept people from running while they got it ready. As is typical with these type of Frankenstein creations it takes 10 minutes to get the thing ready to run and then they usually have a problem which prevents them from completing the run.

There was also some full-on Mopar Roadrunner drag car there. Looked all business with stickers galore, 2-foot tall fiberglass hoodscoop, full cage, enclosed trailer with "MOPAR MOTORSPORTS" written on the side, etc. It was slower than my car

Anyways Sac is still open every Saturday for test-n-tune. If you have drag radials and know how to do a burnout I think you'll get some great ETs. DA was about -1050 all afternoon.

I plan on going back this Saturday or the next if it doesn't rain.