Notices

Shifter Karts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 06:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UAV
Shifter Karts

I've always wanted to try racing shifter karts. Does anybody know of any schools, classes, or places to rent karts in the area? I've found a couple on the web in SoCal, not sure if they are any good. Anybody have any experience attending any classes or schools in the area? There's a place that does indoor electric karts, for some reason that just doesn't sound as exciting. Shifter karts look like a fun yet fairly inexpensive way to race.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W210 E55 & W204 C63
I love kart racing! Racing karts is fairly simple and forgiving, yet very fun!!! Learning is easy, just keep racing once a week or if budget allows as much as you want to and skill will build naturally.

Also join a league, I thought I was hot ***** until I got my a handed to me by a semi-pro karter

Good luck!
Old 02-02-2011, 04:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UAV
Originally Posted by kindafast
I love kart racing! Racing karts is fairly simple and forgiving, yet very fun!!! Learning is easy, just keep racing once a week or if budget allows as much as you want to and skill will build naturally.

Also join a league, I thought I was hot ***** until I got my a handed to me by a semi-pro karter

Good luck!
Did you just buy a kart and just start going to local events? If you did buy a kart how much would you say you invested in it and other things involved.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W210 E55 & W204 C63
Originally Posted by AlphaMikeGolf
Did you just buy a kart and just start going to local events? If you did buy a kart how much would you say you invested in it and other things involved.
Never even thought about buying one, just rented the ones that the kart places had. I mean unless you have a ton of money or you are really really into kart racing and will be for the next few years then buying one might make sense...

I got a bunch of my friends to come with several times and took them to the track, raced in a league, and just randomly went when I felt like racing.

A decent kart costs around 10k if you buy a built one or if you know what you are doing you can build one yourself and save a few bucks. Then you have to add in storage fees, or get a trailer if you are going to be towing it. Honestly though I never seriously looked into buying a kart, so you might be better off researching or asking someone else.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06' BMW M3
http://www.k1speed.com/

...electric karts...I've been meaning to go... I work in the south bay area....I've heard it's still pretty fun...nothing like the real gas karts though....so I'm told