Notices

Slug Day 2012 at Famoso Raceway 11/17/12!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 02:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2008 BS
Originally Posted by xtyper
Earl, any chance you may still want to try and set something up there on Sat? I was so hell bent on going, and am willing to front whatever $ it takes to keep the private rental on. Quite a few guys I know would gladly do the same.

Let me know if we can set anything up, even if it costs a lot more.
If you had asked last night I would have made it happen but I have just changed my plans and am thinking about Irwindale tonight before I fly out tomorrow morning.

I will do the rescheduled event on the 8 Dec.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BiTurbo E63
It's going to be raining on Saturday
Old 11-15-2012, 07:35 PM
EkS

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
C63
Yep looks like showers on Saturday. I can't make it Dec. 8th so I won't be there. I should have just gone to Irwindale tonight.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
We are on our way there now
Old 11-16-2012, 10:52 PM

2005 Pontiac GTO
AS SOME OF YOU MAY HAVE ALREADY HEARD, SLUG DAY HAS BEEN CANCELLED FOR TOMORROW.
WE HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE OPTION OF REFUND OR DECEMBER 8TH TO RUN ON. I WILL ANSWER AS MANY EMAILS AS POSSIBLE BUT PLEASE BARE WITH ME AS THE VOLUME IS MASSIVE.
I ALSO NEED TO GATHER THE MONEY TO ISSUE REFUNDS SO I WILL TAKE OF THIS AS SOON AS I CAN. FOR EVERYONE THAT DID NOT SEND THE RACE FEE AS A PERSONAL TRANSFER BUT INSTEAD MADE IT AS A PURCHASE, YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY FEES IMPOSED BY PAYPAL AS THE INSTRUCTIONS WERE VERY CLEAR.
I WILL KEEP YOU ALL UPDATED ON DECEMBER 8TH AND MORE TO COME. ANY QUESTIONS SHOULD BE SENT TO ME AT:
SSRACINOZZY AT SBCGLOBAL.NET
I CHECK MY EMAIL MORE THAN THE FORUMS. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR COOPERATION AND I HOPE TO SEE MOST OF YOU AT THE 12/8 SLUG DAY!!

OZZY
Old 11-18-2012, 02:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by GangBang Malloy
AS SOME OF YOU MAY HAVE ALREADY HEARD, SLUG DAY HAS BEEN CANCELLED FOR TOMORROW.
WE HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE OPTION OF REFUND OR DECEMBER 8TH TO RUN ON. I WILL ANSWER AS MANY EMAILS AS POSSIBLE BUT PLEASE BARE WITH ME AS THE VOLUME IS MASSIVE.
I ALSO NEED TO GATHER THE MONEY TO ISSUE REFUNDS SO I WILL TAKE OF THIS AS SOON AS I CAN. FOR EVERYONE THAT DID NOT SEND THE RACE FEE AS A PERSONAL TRANSFER BUT INSTEAD MADE IT AS A PURCHASE, YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY FEES IMPOSED BY PAYPAL AS THE INSTRUCTIONS WERE VERY CLEAR.
I WILL KEEP YOU ALL UPDATED ON DECEMBER 8TH AND MORE TO COME. ANY QUESTIONS SHOULD BE SENT TO ME AT:
SSRACINOZZY AT SBCGLOBAL.NET
I CHECK MY EMAIL MORE THAN THE FORUMS. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR COOPERATION AND I HOPE TO SEE MOST OF YOU AT THE 12/8 SLUG DAY!!

OZZY
Thanks Ozzy. Looking forward to getting out there on 12/8!
Old 11-27-2012, 09:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
This has yet again it has been cancelled which is a real shame.

I doubt the intentions of those wanting to put the show on but these leaves a very bad taste in the mount but...the first event was cancelled less than two days before the event with no explanation.

The rescheduled event is then cancelled as well because of lack of communication on the part of the track.

Lets be honest here, the track is not the only one with a lack of communication.

Last edited by ecampbell; 11-27-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:43 PM
EkS

C63
Anyone wanna setup a real private event?
Old 11-27-2012, 08:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
Originally Posted by EkS
Anyone wanna setup a real private event?
Not to be a snob but will just do my own rental. Less hassle and I am not depending on other people,

Last edited by ecampbell; 11-27-2012 at 09:01 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:06 PM
EkS

C63
Originally Posted by ecampbell
Not to be a snob but will just do my own rental. Less hassle and I am not depending on other people,
If you do one, please PM me or post it.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
I think the best format at this stage will be invite only.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:23 PM
EkS

C63
If that's the format, consider inviting me.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
F-250
Is there any confirmation on 12/8, or another date?
Old 12-03-2012, 06:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
Bramage,

I believe all registered drivers already received the cancellation notice so the only thing for these guys to confirm is when they are going to issue refunds.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
F-250
Thanks,

I have been trying to get a Famoso date set up for quite a while. If anything comes of this, or if a new date is established, I'm in.

Sucks there are so few options in California for a 1/4 mile....
Old 12-09-2012, 05:07 PM

2005 Pontiac GTO
Originally Posted by ecampbell
This has yet again it has been cancelled which is a real shame.

I doubt the intentions of those wanting to put the show on but these leaves a very bad taste in the mount but...the first event was cancelled less than two days before the event with no explanation.

The rescheduled event is then cancelled as well because of lack of communication on the part of the track.

Lets be honest here, the track is not the only one with a lack of communication.

The first time was due to weather since it was raining up there all week long. After that, a bunch of guys wanted their refund and I could not get a single word out of the track management as for confirmation to plan out the 8th. They only emailed a few days before the 8th and you cannot plan a event with a few days notice.

If you want to plan out a track day then by all means, you can shell out the 11k and treat everyone to the event on your payroll but I simply cannot do that. I tried my best to have the event and in the end, there were too many roadblocks preventing it. I even covered EVERYONE'S Paypal fees just to avoid any issues at all because ALOT of guys paid as a purchase instead of a transfer. I didn't have to do that but I did. I put an incredible amount of effort and time into this and it just didn't work out. But the lack of appreciation or understanding from some is just amazing. To each thier own opinion but I did my best and there were too many obstacles this year.

Ozzy
Old 12-09-2012, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
Originally Posted by GangBang Malloy
The first time was due to weather since it was raining up there all week long. After that, a bunch of guys wanted their refund and I could not get a single word out of the track management as for confirmation to plan out the 8th. They only emailed a few days before the 8th and you cannot plan a event with a few days notice.

If you want to plan out a track day then by all means, you can shell out the 11k and treat everyone to the event on your payroll but I simply cannot do that. I tried my best to have the event and in the end, there were too many roadblocks preventing it. I even covered EVERYONE'S Paypal fees just to avoid any issues at all because ALOT of guys paid as a purchase instead of a transfer. I didn't have to do that but I did. I put an incredible amount of effort and time into this and it just didn't work out. But the lack of appreciation or understanding from some is just amazing. To each thier own opinion but I did my best and there were too many obstacles this year.

Ozzy
Ozzy,

So perhaps your group email could have said due to weather. It took a month to get any a reason out of you of you guys which is what got me.

There was an error in my post and it should have said "I don't doubt..." I apologize for this as I do appreciate the effort on your behalf and those that helped you.

11k for a strip rental..lets see, my costs were (1) airfare 3k, (2) 3 days hotel - 2k, (3) booze and steaks for me and crew 2k, and (4) cost of the side trip to vegas on my way back...you seriously dont even want to know!

Having said that lets look forward to a great 2013. PM me (or email as you have my address) and I will put up the fee if your next scheduled date works for me. The cost to others will be 100 bucks to a charity of my choosing (or a bottle of wine for my hauler.....).

Ozzy, hopefully no hard feelings as my omission on the post was an honest error.

Earl

Last edited by ecampbell; 12-09-2012 at 07:32 PM.