FS: 1992 500SL, 73.5 km, Brabus, Lowered, Silver, updated headlights, suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 03:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
500 SL 1992
FS: 1992 500SL, 73.5 km, Brabus, Lowered, Silver, updated headlights, suspension

Background:
I have imported 2 1992 500 SL convertible Benz with hardtops from Japan for personal use. Both are American-spec left-hand drive (same as Canada) vehicles with all conceivable options including air conditioning and options unique to Japan (power folding mirrors). As I moved into a condo recently, my condo does not allow me the space to park both so I need to sell one. The company I imported them from, NewEraImports, is owned and operated by a personal friend who is one of the most reputable car exporters in Japan. As I imported these 2 cars for personal use they are the best of the best as we spent a tremendous time to do sourcing. NewEra is known for exporting only the best cars and have a reputation second to none, having sourced the vehicles for the movie Fast and Furious 3 produced by Universal Studios among many others. Both cars have had Canadian compliance work (e.g. daytime running lights, yellow reflectors and mechanical checks) certified by a local shop to very strict standards and have had extensive mechanical updates to ensure they are as good as new. All references will be provided for the mechanical shop that did the work and the export company that selected this vehicle.
Below is the description of the second car (first car is similar but 17" rims and not lowered):

Price: $18,800
VIN: WDB129066-1F045625
Color: Silver (one tone)
Mileage: 73,500 approx original km (pic included)
Rims: 19" Brabus Rims (new: $4000) Lowered suspension
Description:
48 valve quad camshaft, 322 bhp 5 litre V8, with 4 speed automatic. Aluminum hard top with electric soft top (in new condition) stored beneath. Automatically deployed leather bound roll over bar (MB paid particular attention to safety on this model – it deploys if the car senses an impending roll accident, within 0.3 seconds). Aside from very solid structural integrity, other safety features also include: Dual SRS airbags, ABS, ASR (Automatic Slip Control), power Steering, cruise control, etc. (Note: Sat Nav wont’ work in Canada).
Interior comforts: Black leather upholstery with deep pile carpet & fitted mats. Head lining is also in black leather. Both seats have full electrical adjustment with 3 individual memory settings. This car includes original option heated seats and microfilament rear window demister. Factory fitted Technics sound system complete with a CD changer & Technics. Subwoofer is neatly installed in the compartment behind the driver’s seat. Factory tinted electric windows with privacy glass in the rear. Remote controlled door mirrors with retract mode. Climate Controlled air conditioning, Wood veneer on steering wheel and centre console. A remote control key unit integrated with a vehicle security system hides the ignition key within – This flicks out at the press of a button.

Lights front and rear have been updated to later model types with epsiloid units at the front equipped with HID for the main beam . Note the inclusion of headlamp wash wipe (Factory fitted). The Exhaust silencer is an upgraded stainless steel item in brand new condition. Suspension springs have recently been replaced with lowering items. Wheels are brand new and unmarked Brabus 19” items, wearing near new Kumho Ecsta Super low profile tyres of sizes: 235/35ZR19 (Front) and 265/30ZR19 rear.

Note the original tool kit and spare wheel are complete and unused. Even the original first aid kit is intact and there’s a safety flashlight still located in the passenger footwell. Car’s in amazing condition for it’s age with a completely rust free underside, no crash repairs and paintwork throughout in excellent condition. Note this car has never seen salt and has absolutely no corrosion beneath. Car has been well cared for and maintained since new with regular service work by MB Japan. Car drives absolutely without fault.

If anybody is interested please pm me.

Last edited by NewEraImports; 09-05-2009 at 03:08 PM. Reason: image insertion