Reputable shop in Calgary - Real Auto Pros

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55
Reputable shop in Calgary - Real Auto Pros

Hey everyone, I've had bad luck with indy shops and finally found a gem... I have had work done by Real Auto Pros in Calgary and they really know their stuff. They just opened this year in May and one of the owners, Alex, is probably the best mechanic out there that I have seen.

I had lots for work done by them in the last two months and I can't believe how much money they have saved me. I want to point out that they are really cheap in labour... $90/hr and they have STAR and know how to use it

I finally got my leaky valve covers re-done with new gaskets (quoted me 3hrs labour), replaced all 16 spark plugs (I supplied parts - no charge because mechanic had to wait for the gaskets, so he did them while he waited), MAP Sensor replaced (I supplied part and 0.6hrs labour), Air Intake Temp sensor replaced ( I supplied part - FREE labour), half hour diagnostic on STAR to check for fault codes and then reset all adaptives ($45).

Now the crazy thing is that the MAP sensor was easily just under 2hrs and a pain in the *** to get to, but their suggested labour rate book quotes were anywhere from 0.4-0.6hrs, and they never charged me a penny more... I know for a fact he will be charging more now that he knows it was a bit more work involved.

$450 inc tax

Owners names are Milan and Alex... http://realautopros.com/

BTW I'm not affiliated with them, just passing along a money saving mechanic shop to anybody here in Calgary

Last edited by bighman; 09-03-2011 at 12:42 PM.
Old 06-26-2014, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'10 C63 Obsidian
Still recommended? I need to get my brakes replaced and they seem to be the only place that can book me in at a reasonable time and a reasonable price.

anyone else with experience?