Vehicle transport from Canada to USA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 12:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 Z06, 08 Rover Sport, 03 Dmax, 13 Diavel
Vehicle transport from Canada to USA

Hey guys
I am in the process of buying a car from Calgary and needing it shipped to my home in Minneapolis, MN.

The seller is re-assuring me there are not issues with transporting. He just has to notify the Border Patrol that this car is coming, 72 hrs prior to arrival. I assume there is documentation that will be needed as well.

Can someone give me the low down on whats needed for the transport? It would be much appreciated!
Aj
Old 11-29-2011, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 Challenger Hellcat, 2023 Ram 3500, 2005 E55 Wagon, 2019 GLC63s
Importing from Canada to USA is way different than us Canadians importing from the USA. I would contact the border crossing point and ask them what they require.

R.K.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2018 BMW 540d
Originally Posted by 1 BAD BURB
Can someone give me the low down on whats needed for the transport? It would be much appreciated!
Aj
Although I have no specific experience in this area I'd be stunned if there isn't a ton of paperwork,inspections,modification,etc that are required to do this.For example,if Canada's pollution standards are different than ours then I can see you having a *big* problem.Worse still,if Minnesota is a CARB state I think you're in even more trouble.I think a visit to your state's DMV would be wise before you sign any papers...although even *they* might not have all the info you'll need to comply with Federal requirements.