New to the MB world, need some help please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 E55 AMG, 05 S2000
New to the MB world, need some help please

Hi everyone

I was recently lucky enough to come across one of my dream cars. I picked up a 2005 E55 AMG. Then of course had to find a discussion board to indulge in all the information.

I need some parts to make her all good again.I have a hard time finding much locally, and not trying to go through dealer prices. I live in the Greater Toronto Area.

I am looking for some help/advice from everyone with more experiance with this car. I've looked on Ebay, forums, and stores online.

Looking for the following:

-Driver headlight (or pair if price is right)
-E63 front bumper conversion
-E63 Grill
-Hood

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by LoveMyAMG; 10-26-2015 at 06:20 PM.
Old 10-27-2015, 07:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 Mercedes S63 AMG
Welcome to the forum.

Email this guy, I think he has a scrap yard in California but his prices and the parts he gets are good.

NarekMuradyan@gmail.com

We have a Toronto based community called MB True North on Facebook you may want to join. They host a lot of events and gatherings that you may like.
Old 10-27-2015, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 799 Likes on 549 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
OP - welcome to the AMG (and E55) family!

As far as finding cheap parts goes however, I am afraid you're asking for the impossible. If you're not willing to pay dealer prices and the rather high costs of keeping it on the road, you bought the wrong car. It's not an old 3-series Beemer or a VW Golf. There aren't that many E55s around (and even fewer sitting in junk yards), so pretty much the only parts supplier is MB. While the E55 is a great car to drive, if maintenence costs are going to be an issue for you I'd suggest you sell it now. They are not cheap to run and maintain and they're not bullet-proof in terms of reliability either. Just a word of warning - any high-performance, 10+ year old car that cost $100k+ when new is going to easily need $5k annually just in repairs and maintenence, and the E55 is no exception.

As for the conversion... frankly, if you wanted an E63, why didn't you just buy an E63 instead? Why would you molest the E55?