Got nailed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2016 | 10:16 PM

2015 E250 Bluetec
Got nailed!

I went to Simply Tires in North York to have my tire patched due to a freaking nail. I got charged for $30 last year, a 20" size tire repair was only $20, this year $40. Wow, what a ripoff!
Old 02-05-2016 | 03:40 PM
AHI

AMG GTR
Originally Posted by B5chung
I went to Simply Tires in North York to have my tire patched due to a freaking nail. I got charged for $30 last year, a 20" size tire repair was only $20, this year $40. Wow, what a ripoff!

Please remember we don't "plug" we actually remove tires, patch them from the inside, then fully Road force balance that tire. Just the balancing alone can take up to 25mins.

Charging $30 for a 45 min job, was not a money maker, in fact was lost productivity. We realized this after we equipped ourselves with the Hunter Road force machine. Sometimes having to shift the tire up to 5 times to get a perfect balance. We raised our pricing because we're spending more time on this service, perfecting it... and yes we are best at it.

We offer a service, never scratch rims, road force balance like OEM and never have come backs for leaks..... I hate that you are upset about that. But also fail to see how that is a rip-off. That term is used when a company gouges you, and fails you in return. I don't feel that is the case here.

Last edited by AHI; 02-05-2016 at 04:09 PM.
Old 02-05-2016 | 06:05 PM

2015 E250 Bluetec
Originally Posted by AHI
Please remember we don't "plug" we actually remove tires, patch them from the inside, then fully Road force balance that tire. Just the balancing alone can take up to 25mins.

Charging $30 for a 45 min job, was not a money maker, in fact was lost productivity. We realized this after we equipped ourselves with the Hunter Road force machine. Sometimes having to shift the tire up to 5 times to get a perfect balance. We raised our pricing because we're spending more time on this service, perfecting it... and yes we are best at it.

We offer a service, never scratch rims, road force balance like OEM and never have come backs for leaks..... I hate that you are upset about that. But also fail to see how that is a rip-off. That term is used when a company gouges you, and fails you in return. I don't feel that is the case here.
That how I felt when I drove off, how reasonable when the price has doubled. I know the repair is unproductive for your shop but it's part of your services where your customers come back for minor things like this. You give a little but you gain much more!
Old 02-05-2016 | 08:10 PM
AHI

AMG GTR
Originally Posted by B5chung
That how I felt when I drove off, how reasonable when the price has doubled. I know the repair is unproductive for your shop but it's part of your services where your customers come back for minor things like this. You give a little but you gain much more!
It was never $20... if you paid that, someone either me a mistake or or hooked you up. It was $30 for about 4 years, and we raised it to $40 last year.

Again, definitely not a "rip off" or being "nailed" as you describe it. You are labelling us something we're not. You were not ripped off, duped, or taken advantage of.

You come back to us because you trust us with your car, your rims, and your tire services. You know you'll leave happy, and won't have to come back a second time for the same thing. Sometimes having a shop you trust like this, is worth the extra $10... and not worth the public bashing.

Last edited by AHI; 02-05-2016 at 08:19 PM.
Old 02-06-2016 | 06:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
WTF?! OP - you are just being a cheap ******. Like, really? $40 is so outrageous for someone to jack up your car, take the wheel off, dismount the tire, properly patch it from the inside, mount it back, balance it and put it back on the vehicle that you feel to express your outrage in a public forum? You expect people to lose money because you once bought a set of tires from them? If you're that cheap, I guess you'd be perfectly happy to work for $1.75 / hour yourself? How did you afford a Benz in the first place?

I really, really can't believe that someone actually had the freakin' audacity to call a $40 proper tire patch job a ripoff. Next time feel free to take it somewhere else or even better, fix your own tire with spit, chewing gum and scotch tape, cheapa$$.

Old 02-06-2016 | 06:50 PM

Benz
Mercedes Benz baller.

Until a flat tire breaks the bank...
Old 02-07-2016 | 07:33 AM

2015 E250 Bluetec
Originally Posted by AHI
It was never $20... if you paid that, someone either me a mistake or or hooked you up. It was $30 for about 4 years, and we raised it to $40 last year.

Again, definitely not a "rip off" or being "nailed" as you describe it. You are labelling us something we're not. You were not ripped off, duped, or taken advantage of.

You come back to us because you trust us with your car, your rims, and your tire services. You know you'll leave happy, and won't have to come back a second time for the same thing. Sometimes having a shop you trust like this, is worth the extra $10... and not worth the public bashing.
I think you should inform your front staff because both times none mentioned the price being like that for years. Thanks for the info.