C63 performance pack brake job

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63
C63 performance pack brake job

Just got the brakes replaced and flushed for $1500
Textar fronts, Brazilian rears, ebc yellow all around, motul rbf660, 2 new sensor
Stops way better than stock.
At motor workshop in Markham.
Better than those stupid quotes.
Old 07-07-2016, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 763 Likes on 529 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
What you wanted to say is CHEAPER than those stupid quotes, not better... I am afraid you're confusing the two. Glad you're happy with it - but rotor mass (rotational inertia + unsprung weight) is an issue for some of us though.
The following users liked this post:
Kriston (07-08-2016)
Old 07-08-2016, 11:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63
Originally Posted by Diabolis
What you wanted to say is CHEAPER than those stupid quotes, not better... I am afraid you're confusing the two. Glad you're happy with it - but rotor mass (rotational inertia + unsprung weight) is an issue for some of us though.
im not confused. cheaper for sure but not confused. what about the rear its the same in both base and pp cars so your only half confused. the pads will make up for it over the stock ones. your theories arent tested they are just thoeries. i will test this on my cls63 (w218) with a vbox after 20 stops. i have had those brakes into the floor at mosport without the abs coming on and car wasnt stopping at all. funny thing is on a gtr after switching from a rft to r888 and saving 9-10lbs per corner and being a rcomp tire. also its a tire and not the hub so even more unsprung weight. gets you an extra second and change around the track. i guess some people are confused and care too much. all 3 cars are heavy af so i dont care. its not going to save my life or get me more girls but my wallet would be lighter if i cared

Last edited by benzylpiperazin; 07-08-2016 at 11:54 PM.
Old 07-11-2016, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 763 Likes on 529 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
Originally Posted by benzylpiperazin
im not confused. cheaper for sure but not confused. what about the rear its the same in both base and pp cars so your only half confused. the pads will make up for it over the stock ones. your theories arent tested they are just thoeries. i will test this on my cls63 (w218) with a vbox after 20 stops. i have had those brakes into the floor at mosport without the abs coming on and car wasnt stopping at all. funny thing is on a gtr after switching from a rft to r888 and saving 9-10lbs per corner and being a rcomp tire. also its a tire and not the hub so even more unsprung weight. gets you an extra second and change around the track. i guess some people are confused and care too much. all 3 cars are heavy af so i dont care. its not going to save my life or get me more girls but my wallet would be lighter if i cared
Um... if you're not confused (especially after elaborating on your point in your second post), then you must be... well, challenged in the head. My theories about rotational intertia and unsprung weight are untested and just that - my theories? Hell, I only wish I could take credit for somethign that important... and what does ABS not engaging on a different car have to do with you cooking the brakes or R-comp tires on a Nissan?? Yeah, have fun with your xbox - sorry, I meant vbox.