G-Class in Ontario (Lease Only?)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 10:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 507
G-Class in Ontario (Lease Only?)

Has anybody had experience buying a G-Class outright instead of the lease-only offer that some dealer(s) proposed?

I was told that I am only allowed to do 3-yr lease @ 6.4% and there is no room for negotiation...
Old 01-25-2017, 03:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 795 Likes on 546 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
While it is true that there isn't much room for negotiation on a higher-end AMG (especially if you're buying from a coprporate store), you can most certainly walk in any dealership and purchase one - or several - outright if you have the funds. As far as leases go, it is true that MB will only lease certain models for shorter terms and at higher interest rates. In other words, the depreciation on that particular model is so high that there is no market for it as a CPO vehicle if it's more than 3 years old, so MB will only lease it if they aren't going to lose money on it when it comes back.
Old 01-25-2017, 10:26 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 507
Originally Posted by Diabolis
While it is true that there isn't much room for negotiation on a higher-end AMG (especially if you're buying from a coprporate store), you can most certainly walk in any dealership and purchase one - or several - outright if you have the funds. As far as leases go, it is true that MB will only lease certain models for shorter terms and at higher interest rates. In other words, the depreciation on that particular model is so high that there is no market for it as a CPO vehicle if it's more than 3 years old, so MB will only lease it if they aren't going to lose money on it when it comes back.

Thanks. It was weird that the sales told me that i would not be able to purchase G550 outright. Ended up revert back to the sale who sold me MB 3 yrs ago.

The stupid lease term would end up costing 20k higher than purshasing outright, felt pretty disgusted by their "strategy"
Old 01-25-2017, 11:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 795 Likes on 546 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
MBNA sells 20 G63s for every G550. I think AMG G-Wagens are pretty vulgar, but will gladly get in a nice G550 myself. Haven't seen a single CPO G550 in the last four years at any of the six corporate MB stores in the GTA... so yeah, they are pretty rare. Most people buy the G-Wagen as a status symbol, and thus there is a much larger market for the AMG variants. No one (except for me of course ) would even look at a G550... most people want the AMG, hence MB is not going to take any chances on a lease - but they will most certainly order and make you one if you want to buy it outright. They just don't want to be stuck with it when you bring it back.