Some newbie ML350 questions from London, ON

Old 11-26-2017, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 ML 350
Some newbie ML350 questions from London, ON

Hello. Just bought a 2006 ML 350 with 194,000kms on it. I have owned 3 TDI jettas in the past but this is my first Mercedes. Some questions, hopefully someone has some good Canadian info for me!

1) I do my own oil changes to save some money(well maybe a lot of money since my London dealership said $375 for an oil change A service). Where do I get synthetic oil that meets the specs? As simple as a Canadian Tire option or do I need to buy from the dealership? I think the oil filter is same brand as for my Jetta, Mann.

2) It has no 2006 style Navigation. My wife needs GPS and Blue tooth and an AUX port anyway. IS there a good Canadian source to buy a touchscreen head unit that would fit in nicely or a London ON area shop where I could see them before purchase and see how much they charge for installation?

3) Do these 3.5L engines run on premium gas only or will mid grade 89 octane do with no engine damage?

4) Is there anyway to get a 'beep' when you lock the doors?

5) Are there any dealerships charging less for a new key fob than London's $385?

6) I know a salesman at the London Dealership but no one else. Has anyone had any service/parts department experiences that were good or bad??

Thanks for any information in advance.
Old 01-21-2018, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 118 Likes on 109 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic Sport Sedan
Originally Posted by thebige
Hello. Just bought a 2006 ML 350 with 194,000kms on it. I have owned 3 TDI jettas in the past but this is my first Mercedes. Some questions, hopefully someone has some good Canadian info for me!

1) I do my own oil changes to save some money(well maybe a lot of money since my London dealership said $375 for an oil change A service). Where do I get synthetic oil that meets the specs? As simple as a Canadian Tire option or do I need to buy from the dealership? I think the oil filter is same brand as for my Jetta, Mann.

2) It has no 2006 style Navigation. My wife needs GPS and Blue tooth and an AUX port anyway. IS there a good Canadian source to buy a touchscreen head unit that would fit in nicely or a London ON area shop where I could see them before purchase and see how much they charge for installation?

3) Do these 3.5L engines run on premium gas only or will mid grade 89 octane do with no engine damage?

4) Is there anyway to get a 'beep' when you lock the doors?

5) Are there any dealerships charging less for a new key fob than London's $385?

6) I know a salesman at the London Dealership but no one else. Has anyone had any service/parts department experiences that were good or bad??

Thanks for any information in advance.

hey welcome,

1) I get my oil from Canadian tire when it goes on sale, do your own for sure save the money you can get filters from Altrom Canada Corporation on exeter RD London $14, you can even get the liquid molly oil from them for mercedes cars.

2) check car-part.com its basically all the junk yards online.

3) i only use 91 in my 2012 C300 so i'd stick with that

4)it should be in the settings menu you access from your steering wheel

5)that seems like a fair price for a key fob/ my friend just went through this at BMW for the same cost.

6)I only go to the London dealership for my transmission and brake fluid service. my first visit was HELL i had to call MB canada to get them to sort out and re do a full service properly. NOW they are on top of everything I went 2 weeks ago to do both again and they did a great job, but from what i can tell they got rid of a lot of people and there more of a younger crowd now. they were nice and did the job right this time. I won't seem them for another 2-3 years or 60,000 KM tho lol

DIY's are you best friend with MB