Service Issue escalation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2019 | 01:11 PM

C300 w205
Service Issue escalation

Hi guys I hope I Can get some advice from you guys. Back in November I had minor accident and broke front rim. I took the car to dealer and he estimated 1200 for demage. Since it was not that big of a claim I decided not to claim through insurance.

When I started driving car I noticed some noise and vibration. I took the car back and had test drive with advisor and he thought it's just the tire. He booked the appointment for last week.

Now when they check the car they found lot of demage and estimate is another 2800 and that's after I talked to the manager and applying his discounts.

My problem is that insurance company will not pay the claim now since I never claimed the original and thinks that it's dealers fault not to check the car properly first time.

What you guys think I should do. Would you escalate, if yes to who?
Old 01-29-2019 | 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E400 Sedan
seems you have no option but to pay as it is extra work above and beyond the initial repair which can happen with wrecks as you can find stuff wrong later.

If you got insurance involved to start you would be covered.

I cannot think dealer did this on purpose.
Old 01-30-2019 | 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C300 4Matic Sport Sedan
Did you tell the dealer "it's just the front rim" or did you pay for an inspection? If you paid for an inspection I'd provide that to the manager and insurance and say there was an issue, if not your on our own.

It's a ****ty situation but it pretty much depends on if you paid to have an initial inspection done after the accident or just went in to quote a rim.
Old 01-30-2019 | 12:56 PM

C300 w205
I did not say it's just rim to the dealer. I explained what happened. He looked at the car and took it inside, then called me and gave a quote for replacing the rim. I assumed this is all wrong with the car and everything else is inspected.

Sorry it's my first accident and I don't have much experience with dealers

Last edited by JazzKhan; 01-30-2019 at 12:58 PM.
Old 01-30-2019 | 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C300 4Matic Sport Sedan
Originally Posted by JazzKhan
I did not say it's just rim to the dealer. I explained what happened. He looked at the car and took it inside, then called me and gave a quote for replacing the rim. I assumed this is all wrong with the car and everything else is inspected.

Sorry it's my first accident and I don't have much experience with dealers
So did you pay for that inspection? Do you know if they lifted the car? It's a ****ty situation it's your word against theirs, With no bill.

When I bent my rim I had to pay for them to inspect the suspension components and they stated what they did on the receipt. I was lucky my rim was bent but still able to balance so they said don't worry about it.