anyone experience with Tire and Rim Protection?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 10:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300>GLA45>E43>CLS53
anyone experience with Tire and Rim Protection?

anyone can chime in regarding the Tire and Trim Protection insurance you bought for your vehicle?

Had a sidewall bulge/bubble and was eligible for a tire replacement, since that was getting sorted, I mentioned that if they Rims could be refinished?

Service advisor than said that's not part of the warranty but I kinda read otherwise on the literature on when I was signing up for this protection plan.

What does it cover?
• Replacement of tires or rims if damaged due to road hazards
— Covers replacement of the tire due to covered road hazard damage including glass, metal, potholes, debris, nails, etc. (includes tires with run-flat technology)
— Covers replacement of the rim if road hazard damage prevents the tire from sealing to the rim and maintaining the tire manufacturer's air pressure specifications

• Repair of rims if cosmetic damage occurs when accompanied by an approved corresponding tire claim
— Cosmetic rim repair includes damage such as nicks, scrapes, and curb rash

• Covers approved costs related to the replacement of rims including taxes, labour costs, mounting and balancing fees, valve stems, environmental/disposal fees, as well as towing expenses

• Rental car reimbursement covered up to $50 per day for up to 2 days ($100 maximum) if your vehicle is unavailable to you due to a covered repair
Old 04-08-2019, 08:13 AM

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
2019 C43 Wagon
I haven't experienced it, At first read, I interpret it the same as you. However looking again, I wonder if the "approved corresponding tire claim" is the key, only if the rim damage is fully connected to the tire damage, will they refinish. Is your rim damage exactly where the bubbling/tire damage was?

I feel that the wording is there to avoid people coming in for numerous superficial curb rash repairs, and you are unfortunately getting caught in the wording?
Old 04-23-2019, 05:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honda Accord

I have experience with this. Replaced 3 tires and repaired one rim with curb rash. The program is tricky. If you're on low profile tires, you will prob never be able to use the curb rash repair feature as they will refuse the claim if the rim is bent. Rims with low profile tires are most often bent. Apparently the 2017 c43 amg is notorious for bent rims. To be clear the rims are bent but still "seal". Also they are super **** on the amount of tread left on the tire. The run flats they equip the c43's don't last more than 10K, so when i had to submit my claim i really had to fight for it to go through.

I would only get this if you're able to negotiate a good price for the package. I got 4 years and also key replacement coverage for $1650 canadian.

Hope this helps