New Member with questions about Ontario's Tint Law change?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2019, 01:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C43 '19
New Member with questions about Ontario's Tint Law change?

Hi, I just took the plunge and bought a 2019 C43 (black with cranberry interior). Hopefully I don't regret the cranberry color in a few years. I'm new to the MB world, been driving Porsche for the last 11 years.Lots of great info here that helped me make my decision to change brands, never thought I'd drive a Merc.

It's been a while since I got my windows tinted and during my research I found this article. I don't recall hearing about it, was wondering if anyone else knows if this is true? I was checking some of the tint shops and they're still installing 15% tint.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/winds...oice-1.3657694

Look forward to meeting up in person at a meet.

Candyman19
Old 05-22-2019, 10:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 761 Likes on 527 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
15% is really much too dark on anything other than the back windows of a limo or a minivan. If you are going to do it, 30% is just about the most you want without it seriously affecting your ability to see at night. As for the new law, it is not part of the HTA but rather the Ontario vehicle inspection regulations. It is not roadside enforceable and there is no charge under the HTA based on a percentage for any window covering (the enforcement section under the HTA is still based on section 73). If you drive a Honda Civic with a loud exhaust - or possibly a C43 with the "fartcan" exhaust sounds enabled - you may get pulled over. If you drive like a normal human being without attracting attention, no one will ever bother you.