Trailer hitch for C43 Wagon (S205)?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2019, 04:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43 Wagon (S205)
Trailer hitch for C43 Wagon (S205)?

Hi there,

I recently picked this vehicle up and have been looking around for a trailer hitch. As it isn’t offered in the US (I live in Mississauga, Ontario CANADA) it’s been hard to track one down and it doesn’t seem like there is an OEM one.

Does anyone here have any recommendations where i could check for one of these? 1 1/4 inch is fine.
Old 02-28-2022, 06:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'21 C43 AMG Estate, '21 Cayman 718 GT4
Hi, I realize you had posted this a couple of years ago, but I was just wondering if you were ever able to sort out a trailer hitch for your wagon?

Cheers.
Old 03-25-2022, 02:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Benz C43 Wagon
Found the hitch

Hi
Seems like I found the hitch designed specifically for W205. See link below.

https://etowbars.com/us/Towbars/Merc...ble-towbar-AMG

Originally Posted by DM_WGN
Hi, I realize you had posted this a couple of years ago, but I was just wondering if you were ever able to sort out a trailer hitch for your wagon?

Cheers.
The following users liked this post:
DM_WGN (03-26-2022)
Old 03-26-2022, 11:30 AM

S205 trailer hitch

Thanks for getting back to me. My car was actually at my local Mercedes dealership getting a hitch installed. After doing a bit of research, I was able to confirm that the bumper beam on a W205 sedan is the same as the bumper beam on an S205 wagon. The bumper beam is what the Curt class one hitch attaches to, so I decided to risk it, buy the C300 sedan hitch manufactured by Curt ($300 CAD), and ask Mercedes to install it. It seems they had to modify a couple of bumper studs, but other than that, the hitch fit! The only issue is that the rear diffuser needs to be trimmed a bit. Annoyingly, my MB dealership didn't want to trim the diffuser! They were too concerned that the modification might not look 100% factory AMG. Anyhow, the bumper is currently in the back of my car. I'll be going to a friend's shop today to trim the diffuser and re-install the bumper.

For anyone else who finds themselves reading this thread in search of a hitch that will work with a 2019+ C43 AMG wagon/estate this hitch works: https://www.curtmfg.com/part/11485

Old 03-27-2022, 02:59 PM

C43 Wagon/Estate hitch

Thanks for posting that link. My car was actually at my local MB dealership getting a hitch installed when you submitted that post. I ended up taking a gamble and purchasing a Curt hitch (part #11485 - for C300 Sedan since the bumper beam is the same part on both cars). The hitch fit with a bit of a modification to a couple bumper studs. The rear diffuser also needed to be trimmed. I've also lost the use of the comfort access to the hatch (the foot swipe to open), but it's a trade-off I was more than willing to make. Super happy with how it all turned out.

The following users liked this post:
Silverbird (03-28-2022)
Old 07-10-2024, 02:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 C230 Kompressor SS 6MT
@DM_WGN I'm looking into buying a used C43 and would like to have a hitch as well. I've spoken to a few Mercedes service reps who say that removing the rear bumper on the C43 wagon requires destroying some "single use" parts that need to be replaced and repainted to reinstall the bumper. Was this true for you?
Old 07-10-2024, 03:17 PM

I’m not sure what parts they’re talking about. My dealership wasn’t willing to cut the rear diffuser, so they didn’t put the bumper back on after installing the hitch (which is awful customer service). I ended up cutting the rear diffuser and reinstalling the bumper with a friend. No parts were destroyed and/or needed repainting.

Originally Posted by potmat
@DM_WGN I'm looking into buying a used C43 and would like to have a hitch as well. I've spoken to a few Mercedes service reps who say that removing the rear bumper on the C43 wagon requires destroying some "single use" parts that need to be replaced and repainted to reinstall the bumper. Was this true for you?