Reimbursement for Extended Warranty Repair Denied

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2024, 03:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 GLC 300
Reimbursement for Extended Warranty Repair Denied

Have a question regarding Mercedes’ recently announced extended warranty for intake line and partial load ventilation valves on several Mercedes models.

My wife has a 2018 GLC300 that ran into issue, necessitating an almost $2,000 repair due to the large amount of labour involved.

This week we got a notice from Mercedes Benz Canada stating that there is now an extended warranty in effect (15 years / 241,000 km). I contacted Mercedes Benz Canada thinking we’d be eligible for a reimbursement, but they’re saying no, because the work wasn’t performed at a dealership (the car was out of warranty so we took it to a much cheaper indie).

The same extended warranty notice that was sent to US customers clearly states that they’re eligible for reimbursement, regardless if it was dealership work or not. I know that US and Canada are separate entities, but I still think they should be covering repairs, especially when it's due to a now obviously faulty part.

Anyone in Canada run into this issue? I don’t plan on giving up, but just wondering if anyone else has had success.

Thanks!

Old 05-10-2024, 08:19 PM

GLA250
Hi there, my car GLA250 run into same issue. checked with Mercedes Canada but they said there is no warranty extension on my vehicle regarding intake line - Partial-load ventilation valve.
Don't understand why GLA is not cover as it is same part used in same engine.
Mine is 2018 GLA, only with 60,000kl mileage.
Does anyone has same problem?

Thanks.
Old 05-15-2024, 09:50 AM

GLC 300
Originally Posted by CanadaGLCer
Have a question regarding Mercedes’ recently announced extended warranty for intake line and partial load ventilation valves on several Mercedes models.

My wife has a 2018 GLC300 that ran into issue, necessitating an almost $2,000 repair due to the large amount of labour involved.

This week we got a notice from Mercedes Benz Canada stating that there is now an extended warranty in effect (15 years / 241,000 km). I contacted Mercedes Benz Canada thinking we’d be eligible for a reimbursement, but they’re saying no, because the work wasn’t performed at a dealership (the car was out of warranty so we took it to a much cheaper indie).

The same extended warranty notice that was sent to US customers clearly states that they’re eligible for reimbursement, regardless if it was dealership work or not. I know that US and Canada are separate entities, but I still think they should be covering repairs, especially when it's due to a now obviously faulty part.

Anyone in Canada run into this issue? I don’t plan on giving up, but just wondering if anyone else has had success.

Thanks!
I had the exact same issue, there was no guarantee this would ever be a recall in Canada and the dealership was charging me a few hundred more for repair so I got the work done through a mechanic.

Now they send the letter and are refusing to reimburse when I reached out via email.

It sucks. What can we do?