Cigars Forum for cigar aficionados, reviews of top cigars world wide.

Any smokers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300, Viper RT/10, E55
Originally Posted by AMGfan
Brother...that is nice! Glad you had a good time...must have been nice just to chill and sit back with the cigar/wine and look at that view...

Just a great night hanging with the fellas...some of the faces of my friends after they sampled some of the stronger and peatier scotches I have was classic... I did start them off with Glenmorangie (which they really liked) so it wasn't all "bad"...the Ardbeg and Laphroaig are acquired tastes...
Yeah, if it was a clear day you can see the ocean from that balcony.. it was still a nice view

Yeah, peaty / smokey.. two acquired tastes of islay single malt for sure.. but once you acquire them.. it's great stuff.. it took me a while to like blended whiskeys after drinking mostly single malt for a long time.. but when you enjoy alcohol as i do... well.. you know..

I picked up some smokes today.. a few Patron's.. a couple of 5000 maduro's and a couple of 1964 aniversario monarca maduro lonsdale's.. they were out of the 1964 exclusivo robusto's.. they look good and can't wait to give them a shot. I also picked up a couple of ROMEO from Romeo y Julieta just cause I like a mild/medium most of the time and herd good things.. picked up a few others too. dang, forgot to pick up some cafe con leche's.. i really wanted to hit one of those on a Sunday morning with an espresso or two.. that would jump start the day for sure..
Oh, also picked up a few LFD Double Ligero's but I think I'll let those rest for a bit while I get my tolerance up... i know those are going to hit back.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:59 PM

C300, Viper RT/10, E55
I do home office on Wednesday's so decided to grill a t-bone.. my lady usually eats Vegetarian and sometimes Pescetarian (eats fish but no meat) so I grilled her a "bean" patty.. yuk! Anyway.. I enjoyed a:
Montecristo H2000 Xanadu

and after dinner I still wanted a bit more smoke so I usually keep some cigaretto's on hand for an ultra quick smoke.. today I had a Romeo y Julieta Petite Julieta and you can see a partial pick of my lady in the background.. she's always willing to chill outside with me... as long as she has some red wine that is..

I can't believe I got a buzz of that little sucker but I did..
Hope you guys finish this week strong.. I know I need to!
Old 06-21-2012, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
BD7...PM your address. I have a "couple" of Cafe Con Leches percolating in my humidor.

Took pics of latest stock that came in...big Padron stock coming in a couple of weeks (thanks Jim)...

New cigar tools...ST Dupont lighters, cutter, and ashtray...and the rest of the lighters and cutters

Old 06-21-2012, 06:56 PM

C300, Viper RT/10, E55
BD7...PM your address. I have a "couple" of Cafe Con Leches percolating in my humidor.

New cigar tools...ST Dupont lighters, cutter, and ashtray...and the rest of the lighters and cutters

I have a S.T. dupont.. great stuff!! You new one looks outstanding.. That S.T.D. Gullotine looks hot too! Thank you for the Cafe con Leche thought for sure.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:13 PM

C300, Viper RT/10, E55
Sunday night smoke and drink. Padron 5000 Natural and Angles Envy straight bourbon.. Man I really enjoyed this combo. The Padron had great taste, smoke and burned good throughout. Hope you guys had a good weekend.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:39 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
1998 C43 AMG
Took pics of latest stock that came in...big Padron stock coming in a couple of weeks (thanks Jim)...

AMG, have you puffed those La Aurora's before? I'm a fan of their 107 and 1495 series, haven't seen any reviews of these yet?
Old 06-25-2012, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
JR...this will be my first time with these cigars. I'll be smoking one this weekend and report back...
Old 06-26-2012, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I went into a pretty popular cigar shop in Tampa that I personally don't frequent at lunch today...so I ended up picking up several new cigars to me that I've read up on and want to try before I invest in a box...plus got my Padron fix in also...they had a box of the 46 yr and 40yr so I had to fortify my collection.

The STASH...they range from mild to full...inexpensive to pricey...

Padron 1964 40 Year Natural...what a gorgeous cigar...what a great smoke

Padron Family Reserve 46 Year Maduro...this blend is primo Padron...I don't know how they can get the Family Reserve better each year

Illusione Ultra MK...new to me

Illusione Epernay...new to me

Ortega Series D...new to me but from what I've heard great bang for your buck quality cigar

Rocky Patel 50th Anniversary

My Father Flor de las Antillas...smoked this baby this afternoon...verrrry mild but verrry goooooood

Rocky Patel Fifteenth Anniversary...highly lauded

Rocky Patel 2012 Winter Collection...new to me

Zino Z-Class...new to me

Liga Pravada Undercrown...house blend for their employees that was so popular they set it free...I'm glad they did.

Don Carlos Edicion De Aniversario Robusto...new to me...highly recommended

Berger & Argenti Entubar...it looks like dynamite but a very flavorful and full bodied...add a cup of coffee and you'll be up all day

Last edited by AMGfan; 06-26-2012 at 09:29 PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:57 AM

C300, Viper RT/10, E55
^^^ Awesome bro.. looking fwd to some more reviews.. The foot of the B&H is very cool.. I just received a couple of boxes today myself.. can't wait to try the Cafe con Leche's... Thank you! Also received some Rocky Patel 15th Anniversary's, Padilla Legacies Connecticut Torpedo.., Alec Bradley K147's, and PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura.

BTW, firearm is that in the background? I have a very modest collection but looking for a .45 cal as we speak!
Old 06-27-2012, 06:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by backdoc7
^^^ Awesome bro.. looking fwd to some more reviews.. The foot of the B&H is very cool.. I just received a couple of boxes today myself.. can't wait to try the Cafe con Leche's... Thank you! Also received some Rocky Patel 15th Anniversary's, Padilla Legacies Connecticut Torpedo.., Alec Bradley K147's, and PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura.

BTW, firearm is that in the background? I have a very modest collection but looking for a .45 cal as we speak!
Let me know how you like the Padilla Legacies...been meaning to try it.

Thats my concealed...Sig Sauer P238 w/tactical laser....380 acp jacketed hollow points. I just added the extended grip magazine...now it holds 7+1 and I carry an additional 3 magazines on my belt. It really is a great gun...I love shooting it and feels comfortable with a in the pants holster. I usually wear a sweater vest and you can't tell I have it...

Look @ an HK45...my buddy has one and loves it.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:05 PM

C300, Viper RT/10, E55
^^^ that's a nice looking piece and good pics! i had a Walther PPK I wanted to conceal several years back but we had a sheriff change at that time in the county I live in and getting a permit is next to impossible.. at least back then it was.. I should look into that again. I regret selling that gun. Man I love Sig's.. With the extended grip they fit in my hand perfectly..

I'm looking @ Glock 21's right now.. I don't know why I just shoot Glock's better than others, at least a while back I did. I almost bought my LAPD workout partners Glock 21 from him but his wife gave it to him and he was worried she'd be pissed. The guy is like 6'2" and 300 lbs.. but I can see his little wife kicking is azz right now LOL.

I need to get to the range again soon.. been too long. Any moderately priced .45 I should be looking into?

I'll let you know how the Padilla is.. supposed to be a medium body smoke but it looks like a brawler!

Oh, my friend has a Sig P220. He says it's very accurate right out of the box.. any experience with it?

Last edited by backdoc7; 06-27-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Bill that is a fantastic gun...pricey but you get what you paid for...quality, reliability, and great feel.

I have a Glock 32 and 33...both .....357 sig. I'd consider that caliber too...

Bro...if your ever in Florida...we can shoot my Taurus Raging Judge Magnum (.454 casull) and the S&W 500 Magnum snub nose...you will think the .45 or .357 recoil is like a pellet gun then...
Old 06-28-2012, 03:51 AM

C300, Viper RT/10, E55
Bill that is a fantastic gun...pricey but you get what you paid for...quality, reliability, and great feel.

I have a Glock 32 and 33...both .....357 sig. I'd consider that caliber too...

Bro...if your ever in Florida...we can shoot my Taurus Raging Judge Magnum (.454 casull) and the S&W 500 Magnum snub nose...you will think the .45 or .357 recoil is like a pellet gun then...
Yeah, I know you pay a little more for Sig but I've heard the quality makes it worth it.
I will consider the .357 sig.. the Glock 32 is the compact right? I'm looking for a compact to mid sized in .40 S&W or I think 357 Sig would fit the bill also. I know the Glock 21 would be too big to conceal but I'd make a good bedside I think... shoot the Glock 32 probably would too..

How would you say the 357 Sig compares to the 357 mag? I'm guessing with the Glock 32's size, it feels similar to a 357 mag out of a revolver. I might be wrong but I'm guessing.. That gun might actually work for me as I want something compact but I have a decent sized hand, so a compact to mid size grip works better than the Walther PPK I had.. I"m going to do my homework and see if my range has one I can rent.

Now the Raging Judge or S&W .500 Mag are a different story.. 500 Mag snub nose?? Are you kidding.. I should have guessed actually.. LOL. I've shot my friends .50 Cal desert eagle many times and it's nothing short of a hand cannon... even in 357 Mag mode it's awesome.. but a .500 Mag snub must be that much more violent.. Nothing exceeds like excess huh bro?.. that's some bad azz hardware! I'll be taking you up on that offer one of these days.. hopefully sooner than later!

Just to keep the thread theme legit, I went out tonight with a friend and the ladies and we had a chance to sneak in a smoke. I had a Rocky Patel Sungrown Petite which I really enjoyed and he had another Acid, a Kuba Kuba.. he loves those Acid's..
Old 06-28-2012, 12:41 PM

1998 C43 AMG
Guns and cigars, man, this is the greatest thread I follow! Just wanted to share a couple smokes I had recently. It's been God-awful hot and humid here in Missouri so the sticks burn evenly.

First is the Diesel, 'Unholy Cocktail' I nubbed a couple nights ago. Holy sheet do I love this smoke! Full-bodied gem from AJ Fernandez and very reasonably priced.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic, I still need to play with things like exposure...

Finished off this Bahia yesterday:

AMG, I'll be waiting on those reviews, especially the Zino Platinum and that Berger & Argenti. What is protruding from the foot of the B&A?
Old 06-29-2012, 09:58 PM

C300, Viper RT/10, E55
^^^ JRock.. I'm going to have to try one if those Unholy Cocktales.
Tonight pre dinner I had a AF Hemingway Short Story

Not much to say.. I just loves these!
Old 07-02-2012, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Johnny and Bill...where is the "like" button on this forum!!! I love your smokes...

Johnny...my description won't do it justice...here is the link to their site:

http://www.bergerargenti.com/entubar.php

I had a long and rough weekend...full of golf, poker, scotch, tequila, and of course cigars...I was up in Cheraw, SC (I went to HS there...Class of 84) and met up with a group of HS buddies...it was the hottest EVER in recorded history in SC...it hit 111 degrees. So here is part of the cigar pictorial...I actually forgot to take pics of a lot of cigars this weekend.

THEN...I got home Sunday night and found 4 boxes in my garage waiting for me...these came in...opened them up this afternoon. Christmas came early again...

Old 07-02-2012, 11:05 PM

C300, Viper RT/10, E55
JR,

That my friend is a serious shipment.. seriously!! LOL. I'm pretty speechless except it looks like you had a great weekend with your buds.. weather notwithstanding!! Man, the wrapper on those last few Pardons are awesomely dark! ****, they all look good.. Humidor shopping again??
Old 07-03-2012, 12:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

JR,

That my friend is a serious shipment.. seriously!! LOL. I'm pretty speechless except it looks like you had a great weekend with your buds.. weather notwithstanding!! Man, the wrapper on those last few Pardons are awesomely dark! ****, they all look good.. Humidor shopping again??
Bill...yessir!
Old 07-03-2012, 02:16 AM

1998 C43 AMG
AMG...Holy Sheeee-yiiiite! WHAT A SHIPMENT!!! I'm truly not worthy... Looks like your gonna need a new humidor, unless you'd like me to store a couple for you!

I'll upload some pics later, but Friday night was spent at the launch party for the local cigar house's own special blend, 'Torcidore'. All dominican wrapper, binder and fillers. Pretty epic considering I smoked it right out of the box! Full-bodied, great flavour and probably the whitest ash I've ever encountered. Nubbed the hell out of this one!

I also bought a couple of highly-rated singles to see which one's I need to add to the stash....San Lotano Oval (AMG rates this one ), Alec Bradley Prensado churchill and a Casa Magna Oscuro belicoso...

Last edited by JohnnyRock; 07-03-2012 at 02:19 AM.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

JR...I am sure you will enjoy your cigar pics...I just bought a box of the Casa Magna...great bang for your buck cigar!

From poker last night...lost my *** but it was a successful night of cigars, scotch, and beer.

Before I left, I added some wall art...

Davidoff Colorado Claro

Padron Serie 1926 40 Year Anniversary

Gran Habano Gran Reserva #3 2008

Padron Family Reserve No. 46
Old 07-05-2012, 12:35 AM

1998 C43 AMG
^^^ JRock.. I'm going to have to try one if those Unholy Cocktales.
Tonight pre dinner I had a AF Hemingway Short Story

Not much to say.. I just loves these!
BD, I haven't had a Short Story in quite a number of years. Used to be my 'little' brother's favorite smoke! He moved on to become somewhat of a cigar 'snob' since he and his friends would only smoke cubans. I may need to get him a box since most of his discretionary income these days goes towards his two kids.

As for the Diesel, give'em a whirl! I cannot endorse this brand enthusiastically enough, they really are some tasty smokes. Hell, look how far I burned the last one I smoked, that should tell you something.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E55 (FST N OC)
Im a newbie when it comes to cigars but I enjoy trying to pair them with a single-malt or blended scotch. Have only had maybe 6 cigars up to now and they include:

1. Montechristo Serie 5
2. Montechristo white label
3. Punch
4. Romeo Julietta
5. AVO
6. Paul Gamirian (my favorite)

I still have not had the elusive cuban cigar but that's no biggie! Thanks for sharing guys.....
Old 07-05-2012, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by DGSU4EA70
Im a newbie when it comes to cigars but I enjoy trying to pair them with a single-malt or blended scotch. Have only had maybe 6 cigars up to now and they include:

1. Montechristo Serie 5
2. Montechristo white label
3. Punch
4. Romeo Julietta
5. AVO
6. Paul Gamirian (my favorite)

I still have not had the elusive cuban cigar but that's no biggie! Thanks for sharing guys.....
I love scotch/whiskey/bourbon...try the Jose Cuervo Black...it is aged like a whiskey and for the money not a bad option.

There are so many great NC (non-cuban) cigar lines that not smoking a Cuban is not the end of the world...I've smoked many cigars that are just as good or better than many Cuban cigars. If you can smoke one...great! Just make sure it is authentic...A LOT of fakes out there.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I ended up getting some boxes of some singles I had this past weekend that were very enjoyable to me.

Davidoff Winston Churchill #10

Rocky Patel Fifteenth Anniversay

Arturo Fuente Don Carlos Edicion de Anniversario

God of Fire Serie B

Old 07-05-2012, 07:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E55 (FST N OC)
I love scotch/whiskey/bourbon...try the Jose Cuervo Black...it is aged like a whiskey and for the money not a bad option.

There are so many great NC (non-cuban) cigar lines that not smoking a Cuban is not the end of the world...I've smoked many cigars that are just as good or better than many Cuban cigars. If you can smoke one...great! Just make sure it is authentic...A LOT of fakes out there.
Cuervo Black huh?! Must give it a decent shot then, any recommendations as to what (medium body) cigar goes well with it? Yeah, I'm not sold on a cuban but I have heard some good things about them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.