Cigars Forum for cigar aficionados, reviews of top cigars world wide.

Any smokers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 428 Likes on 353 Posts
MB’s
Originally Posted by AMGfan
^^^Happy Post Turkey day to the fellas!!! Just a mediocre day of golf and some lounging at the JW...life is good and I'm blessed...I hope the rest of you guys have a tremendous holiday season!!!

Happy Thanksgiving Jon! Looks like a wonderful day Looks like Porsches and Cohiba's
Old 11-25-2012, 08:58 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
1998 C43 AMG
Dudes, how do those Ligas smoke?!?! Got some gifts in recently, I'll be back to post some pics. Lastly, I finally smoked a Padron Serie 1926....Holy ****, what a great smoke! If you have the means, I highly suggest giving them a whirl!
Old 11-26-2012, 08:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB’s
Originally Posted by JohnnyRock
Dudes, how do those Ligas smoke?!?! Got some gifts in recently, I'll be back to post some pics. Lastly, I finally smoked a Padron Serie 1926....Holy ****, what a great smoke! If you have the means, I highly suggest giving them a whirl!
Liga Privada #9 are a fantastic smoke! Everything is near perfection on it and it. Creamy with some spice to it The Padron 1926 #9 are beautiful as well and are great! I like the 1964 45 Year Anniversary better. At $17.00 a stick in NY for the #9's I never buy them up here. I stock up when I am south for around $10.00 a stick at a hole in the wall Cigar shop in Sarasota.

Last edited by C280 Sport; 11-26-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
JR...I'm really getting into the LP's Ferals. I bought them about 6 months ago and had one when I first got them...good...smoked a couple this month and WOW...what a couple months of aging does to a good cigar!

The #9's are fantastic sticks.

This is half the Christmas shipment that I ordered...the other half is only Opus X and I should get them in about 2 weeks.

The Tower of Cigar Power...The Padrons are from the usual online vendors I use...the Cubans are from my very well off friend...let's just say his regular mode of transportation is a private jet and my collection of cars would be his taxi service.

I had to trade him a Glenmorangie 25 and a Macallan 30...he could his own scotches but at least this way I don't feel like an ungrateful douche.

Close up of new and restock from the "Tower"

Last edited by AMGfan; 11-29-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:07 PM

1998 C43 AMG
Jonny, as usually, I'm like !!

You have great taste -Montecristos, Trinidads, Padrons, oh my! My buddy gave me a box of 1926 #35's in maduro as a 'thank you' for wrapping up his house refinance, but I really should be thanking him! WOW! What a great smoke that was!
Old 11-30-2012, 10:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300, Viper RT/10, E55
^^^^ +1 Damn JR, that is the cigar tower of power.. so f-in sweet!!!
Back from Costa Rica guys.. three months into a break up with my lady of 8 years.. had to "get away".. good times.. life is ok again.. got to smoke 4-5 Cuban's while i was there. Here's a couple of pic's. So there's a hotel there called the Havana that supposedly has the best humidor in Costa, I've stayed there before and they have a nice smoking room.. pretty cool vib since there are a bunch of chicks hanging around. It's really a small humi but they have a nice selection of Cigars.. The proprietor there, Bruce is a nice guy and knowledgeable.. Anyway, picked a few up for my trip to Playa Manuel Antonio. Just an awesome week. Got a couple smoked on the beach, with a beautiful friend hanging with me..

I love this beer.. local brew, Negra of course.. good stuff

Oops, not sure how this last pic snuck in there??
Old 11-30-2012, 11:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Bill...sorry to hear about the breakup. Your still a young gun and the chicas will come.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
03SL55
Rocky Patel will be at 3js cigars in Wellington FL this Tuesday.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:00 PM

C300, Viper RT/10, E55
Bill...sorry to hear about the breakup. Your still a young gun and the chicas will come.
thank you my man! much appreciated. might be in so. fl in feb, gonna hit you up for sure. hope your holiday season is going well.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:30 PM

1998 C43 AMG
Senor Bill, bummers to hear of the break up. But no better place to, "clear your head" than Costa Rica! Looks like you had a good time. I hope your lady-friend was sympathetic to your fragile state of mind, she looks like a cutie.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:09 PM

C300, Viper RT/10, E55
Senor Bill, bummers to hear of the break up. But no better place to, "clear your head" than Costa Rica! Looks like you had a good time. I hope your lady-friend was sympathetic to your fragile state of mind, she looks like a cutie.
JRock.. thanks bro.. I love Costa Rica.. met her last time I broke up with my lady a couple of years ago.. This time was different cause I'm 99% positive my break up is for good. My CR girl just broke up with her BF a few months ago so it was good for both of us... She's a hottie for sure.. Almost zero English.. she's Colombian.. I love those Colombian girls.. they are hot as he!!. had a great time.. what I needed for sure.. my vacations are never long enough. Manuel Antonio is a awesome beach if you guys are ever in CR, hit me, I have that place pretty wired. I'll take a long weekend soon and go back. Jan/Feb is a great time. I wanted to bring some sticks back, I never get checked coming back through customs but there's always a first time. I'd take the chance if I knew they would just confiscate. JR, you know what they do if they catch ya bringing Cuban sticks back?

How was the holiday bud? Thx again.

Last edited by backdoc7; 12-01-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB’s
Looks like a fantastic time! That is the best way to shake off a break-up. I got out of a relationship back in early September but I have been seeing someone new since! Looks like your new girl is a beauty! Loving the Cohiba's! Are those the Cuban ones? I have had Cohiba Black before but never the Cuban Corona ones. I may need to visit Coasta Rica at some point in my life as I have not yet been to South America.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB’s
Originally Posted by backdoc7
JRock.. thanks bro.. I love Costa Rica.. met her last time I broke up with my lady a couple of years ago.. This time was different cause I'm 99% positive my break up is for good. My CR girl just broke up with her BF a few months ago so it was good for both of us... She's a hottie for sure.. Almost zero English.. she's Colombian.. I love those Colombian girls.. they are hot as he!!. had a great time.. what I needed for sure.. my vacations are never long enough. Manuel Antonio is a awesome beach if you guys are ever in CR, hit me, I have that place pretty wired. I'll take a long weekend soon and go back. Jan/Feb is a great time. I wanted to bring some sticks back, I never get checked coming back through customs but there's always a first time. I'd take the chance if I knew they would just confiscate. JR, you know what they do if they catch ya bringing Cuban sticks back?

How was the holiday bud? Thx again.
Sounds like a good vacation to me! I hear you on how they are not long enough. They never are I always enjoy mine to the best before rushing back into the reality we call life. Your situation sounds very familiar to my situation. Here is a pic of my new lady . She is amazing in my eyes and is Persian and italian. Been togeather for about 3 months now and is beautiful, educated, smart, funny and easy going and adventurous. So far so good and no issues
Any smokers?-562795_4543987159904_1752525951_n.jpg
Old 12-02-2012, 12:10 PM

C300, Viper RT/10, E55
Wow George, good recovery my man. It's been tough for me for sure. 8 years is a long time and she had everything I want in a lady. The way things ended was weird to say the least. Life goes on.
My vacation was awesome! I love CR. I've known this girl pictured above for a couple of years. Met her last time I was in CR in a little store she owns. We have great chemistry so it was a really good week. Don't want to turn this thread into my soap opera but thanks for your concern and the other guys too.. You guys have become very very cool to talk to. Crazy how your thread has turned us into friends.

RE: Cigars, yeah.. they are Cuban's.. not sure it's its me but I do like them better.. I have a great / trusted place to by cigars in CR so always pick up a few for my trip when I'm there. Not pictured was a Hoyo de Monterrey Short Piramides and a Montecristo #2. Prices are not cheap but worth it.. how often do we get to smoke Cuban's right?
Thanks again George. Really glad to see you bounced back quickly and nicely. Cheers.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB’s
Wow George, good recovery my man. It's been tough for me for sure. 8 years is a long time and she had everything I want in a lady. The way things ended was weird to say the least. Life goes on.
My vacation was awesome! I love CR. I've known this girl pictured above for a couple of years. Met her last time I was in CR in a little store she owns. We have great chemistry so it was a really good week. Don't want to turn this thread into my soap opera but thanks for your concern and the other guys too.. You guys have become very very cool to talk to. Crazy how your thread has turned us into friends.

RE: Cigars, yeah.. they are Cuban's.. not sure it's its me but I do like them better.. I have a great / trusted place to by cigars in CR so always pick up a few for my trip when I'm there. Not pictured was a Hoyo de Monterrey Short Piramides and a Montecristo #2. Prices are not cheap but worth it.. how often do we get to smoke Cuban's right?
Thanks again George. Really glad to see you bounced back quickly and nicely. Cheers.
Thank you my friend!A strong recovery it was and is and I hope it stays good! She is a great girl in all ways in my book. I have been fortunate to meet some wonderful people in this thread and to be honest sometime it is best to discusse certin things in life with those you have not met with in person due to not ever having to worry about being judged. We all seem like a pretty open group of people here Hope all works out for you and her. Unfortunatly with dating it is just like being in the Mafia... You just never know when your last day will be with them....As crazy as that sounds.

Cigars: I cannot say I have had the Cohiba Cubans yet. I had a feeling they were due to the darkness of them and the gold looking label too Are the prices that different from Cuban vs non? I mean other then shipping cost but I mean when you are out of the country? Not too often I am able to get my hands on a Cuban lol.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:40 PM

C300, Viper RT/10, E55
i think the prices in CR are about the same as here if you can find them here. I paid an average of $20 a stick.. maybe a bit more... but from what I can see, that's about the price. JR would know for sure. I'm sure if you buy a box, you can reduce your cost per stick of course.. want to spit a box?

Last edited by backdoc7; 12-02-2012 at 08:46 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:36 PM

1998 C43 AMG
First of all, thanks for posting pics of your new lady, George, she's got that exotic look I love. Looks like she's got a great figure, too! You scored.

Second, if we're going to discuss chicks here, you need to post pics. Especially you, Bill, of the Colombian variety! She looks hot! Something about the tropics gives chicks the nicest skin, although being Colombian, I'm sure she was already ahead of the curve.

I was in Trinidad in the late 90's and women in their 50's and 60's had the most incredible skin. They looked so much younger because of it.

Anyhow Bill, keep your head straight and you'll be fine. I think we've all been down your road before, so it's nice to lend an ear. I'll shoot you a PM with my number, call me if you need to. This is the kind of stuff that's always good to chat about while having a cigar!

Here's a pic of that gift I received from my client:

I also received a box of La Aurora 1495 robustos. I'll post a pic when I get a chance. You guys have a good week.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:05 AM

C300, Viper RT/10, E55
^^^^ Thank you JRock.. means allot. You, George and JR are as cool as they come. I appreciate the support. Like George said, sometimes it's just good to talk things out a bit. I'm hurting of course, 8 years is a long minute and I totally dug that chick. I'll do what I always do to bounce back. I feel you guys and myself have formed a nice little brotherhood. I'm grateful for that.
Re: Pic's.. I'll pick a few and post.. The girl I posted above is a really great chick. She's fun as he!! to hang with. Really got my mind off other things. Something about those blond Central and South American girls that speak only Spanish that gets me going. Some of those Colombian girls have crazy hot bodies too. I'll be down there early next year, so I'll check out the motherland and get back to you with some intel!
Here's another of this particular chica.. took this one before taking her dancing.. goodtimes

What a great gift from your client. You must be doing good work my man! Keep it up. You guys have a great week too!

Last edited by backdoc7; 12-04-2012 at 12:20 AM.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

DAYUM Bill! Does a beeping sound off when she is backing up...nice!!!

I wish all you guys the best of luck in finding the right woman. It truly is a partnership...you have to ask yourself 3 questions...

1. Can you see yourself with this woman for 30-40yrs?
2. Can she be a positive force in you being successful?
3. Can she get along with your family?

Luckily, I could answer those questions with my #2. #1 wife I was thinking with my shaft and ***** (great piece of *** but a total succubus). Plus...she lets me handle all the money.... But I remember that hall passes aren't cheap if I want to roll the way I want to...

Ok...back to cigars...These are the ones I smoked this weekend at golf and for my wife's birthday party...she is Mexican and I surprised her with mariachis from our wedding party. Turned out great...

PS She is 6 months preggers and I can't wait to see our new baby girl!

The wifey and her chinito...

PLUS...a new table cutter I got today...along with some Glennfidich 30yr and Glenlivet 25yr...did I say life is good?

Last edited by AMGfan; 12-10-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:48 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
SRT-6

I wish all you guys the best of luck in finding the right woman. It truly is a partnership...you have to ask yourself 3 questions...

Luckily, I could answer those questions with my #2. #1 wife I was thinking with my shaft and ***** (great piece of *** but a total succubus). Plus...she lets me handle all the money.... But I remember that hall passes aren't cheap if I want to roll the way I want to...

Ok...back to cigars...These are the ones I smoked this weekend at golf and for my wife's birthday party...she is Mexican and I surprised her with mariachis from our wedding party. Turned out great...

PS She is 6 months preggers and I can't wait to see our new baby girl!
So much truth in this post, and I am stoked for you guys and the upcoming baby! Congrats!

The three requirements you posted are exactly right. I lucked out with an amazing Italian hottie that supports my cigar habit (and my car habit) and gets along great with the family. Definitely a "best friend" that I would gladly spend 40-50 years with.

We are blessed indeed, Jon.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:39 PM

SRT-6
Smoked a few fantastic ones lately, the one that sticks out the most though is the Oliva Serie-V Melanio.

It's a Sumatra wrapper with Nicaraguan and Jalapa fillers. Notes of toast, unsweetened chocolate and coffee, with a peppery finish. Super-smooth draw, seamless wrapper, and excellent construction. Breaks cleanly and evenly, nice white ash.

I'll be ordering a box of these
Attached Thumbnails Any smokers?-417096_10152288176040553_125637850_n.jpg   Any smokers?-576269_10152229971220553_1887650072_n.jpg  
Old 12-04-2012, 05:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Kreuzfeuer...The Melanio is a great full bodied stick...very box worthy.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:19 PM

C300, Viper RT/10, E55

Thank you JR and I was LMAO at your beep comment! My last girl matched all three to a tee.. never thought I'd be single again. It was her family that didn't match your #3 for me.. they never let me in their little circle, after 8 years I just couldn't handle it anymore. Very sad cause my lady was everything I could want.
In regards to my Colombian girl.. she does beep when backing up! lol.. it's a crazy characteristic many of the Colombiana's have.. if you like bootie and ***** but thin everywhere else, they fit the bill nicely. I should have gotten a pic of her sharing a Cuban with me in her bra and panties.. priceless. At that moment, life was great.

Congrat's again on your little girl.... and the party looks good bro.. Nothin' like a little Mariachi action to get the party going! Looks like you had a good time.

Bill

BTW, the table cutter and scotch... Nice!!!!

Last edited by backdoc7; 12-04-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:57 AM

1998 C43 AMG
^^^^ Thank you JRock.. means allot. You, George and JR are as cool as they come. I appreciate the support. Like George said, sometimes it's just good to talk things out a bit. I'm hurting of course, 8 years is a long minute and I totally dug that chick. I'll do what I always do to bounce back. I feel you guys and myself have formed a nice little brotherhood. I'm grateful for that.

What a great gift from your client. You must be doing good work my man! Keep it up. You guys have a great week too!
That backside is amazing! I thought it might be the shadows or the angle of the picture, but JR beat me to the question. Plus, she barely speaks english?! PERFECT! (in my book)

Couldn't agree with you more about our little "group". I feel as if we've gotten to know each other rather well and share the camaraderie over a similar interest. George is right when he says it's sometimes easier to chat with those you haven't met before because we have no preconceived notions and can be open and honest.

That's how I met my current GF. Actually, she initially was a client and her file had some issues so we ended up spending a lot of time on the phone and she opened up quite a bit about her life to me. This set the groundwork for us to form a personal relationship prior to ever actually meeting.

I firmly believe this foundation helped us get past all the stereotypical BS that most couples start out with because of preconceived notions and beliefs. LA chicks are also notorious and have gotten worse (in my opinion) in the last 10-15 years.

Give me a call anytime, bro.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:37 AM

SRT-6
Kreuzfeuer...The Melanio is a great full bodied stick...very box worthy.
Speaking of full-bodied smokes, I've been really enjoying the Alec Bradley Tempus Maduro. It's an affordable smoke ($9/stick, retail) and has some really complex notes to it. I've yet to try the Prensado.

My wife bought me a box of the Tempus after she heard me raving about it one day, love that woman
Attached Thumbnails Any smokers?-427474_10152043666400553_1582614448_n.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.