CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

2 ques from a new cl owner....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i drive an ///M6
2 ques from a new cl owner....

picked up a '00 cl500 the other day, 2 questions.. 1. can the new style smaller key remote (clk55) be programmed to this car, and 2. does the abc sport button shut off the abc completely, or just alter the firmness of the suspension. i have heard some bad abc stories, but none from m.y. 2000 as of yet. any input is appreciated. thanks in advance.
Old 03-22-2005, 08:51 PM

300E
I don't think the MY 2000 can use the newer style key(smaller).
Old 03-22-2005, 11:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
M6 Gran Coupe
Do you mean the black key with the silver emblem? I also have a 2000, and damaged my key and had to order a new one. They said they do not make the older bigger ones anymore and thus the new one I got was a smaller one, it was like $150.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:52 PM

NSX
Not sure about the key... but I believe ABC is constant. Sport changes the settings. There is definitely less roll with sport on... you can feel it. And the ride is worse.... you can feel that too. Someone here said it does not affect ride but only dive/squat/roll... but I don't believe that is correct because going down a smooth highway, you can feel the firmer settings on sport. I usually ride around with ABC off because roads in Boston are so bad.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:02 PM

i drive an ///M6
thanks, guys. my dlr said my current key was not compatable, and do need to order a new one, which is the "smaller" version--go figure. even though i miss the amg power- i love EVERYTHING about this car.... and it really is not that much slower than my clk was.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:35 AM

SL500 2003 previous/ E350 2007 actually
Enjoy it, its a good car
Old 03-24-2005, 10:11 AM

Received 132 Likes on 77 Posts
S 63 Coupe, GLS 63
Originally Posted by ICEAMG
picked up a '00 cl500 the other day, 2 questions.. 1. can the new style smaller key remote (clk55) be programmed to this car, and 2. does the abc sport button shut off the abc completely, or just alter the firmness of the suspension. i have heard some bad abc stories, but none from m.y. 2000 as of yet. any input is appreciated. thanks in advance.
You can get the smaller key but you will also need a new blade key, since they are different. Only the small key is available now.

The sport setting changes the valving inside the shock to alter the handling.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:50 AM

2000 mecerdes CL 500
abc system...

please make sure that your extended warranty covers the abc system bcuz if it hasnt yet, it WILL be giving you problems in the near future. i bought my CL500 in January off the showroom floor of a reputable mercedes dealer, HBL, in Va. and my abc hose went out but they fixed it free bcuz it was a recalled part...now my abc pump had gone out not even 2 months since they fixed the hose and its not covered under my extended warranty and it is $3400 to fix..i am battling right now to get the dealer that sold me this car, HBL, to pay for this repair, but it doesn't look good..Mercedes needs to recall the whole abc system bcuz its no good....
Old 08-30-2007, 09:27 AM

That is BS Bro...

Originally Posted by breewanCL
please make sure that your extended warranty covers the abc system bcuz if it hasnt yet, it WILL be giving you problems in the near future. i bought my CL500 in January off the showroom floor of a reputable mercedes dealer, HBL, in Va. and my abc hose went out but they fixed it free bcuz it was a recalled part...now my abc pump had gone out not even 2 months since they fixed the hose and its not covered under my extended warranty and it is $3400 to fix..i am battling right now to get the dealer that sold me this car, HBL, to pay for this repair, but it doesn't look good..Mercedes needs to recall the whole abc system bcuz its no good....
Hey, you got the MB warranty and they are not covering? That is really BS. I got a 2002 CL and extended warranty and told them, outside of maintenance, if this car breaks, I am not paying for ish. Already the car is finicky; my steering wheel will not move out of the way when I get out for starters....

I love this car but it is gone once the warranty is done.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:43 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 SL55, 2000 CL500
I have a 2000 CL500 as well.
At 65K miles now.

Not sure about the key. But am goung to get the new small one when mine
dies if it is offered. Big key sucks.

ABC question.
I too can tell the difference with ABC on and off. There are 2 modes
Standard and Sport. Since we have great roads here I normally leave it in sport. You cant disable ABC or the body will sit on the tires.
I too went thru a pump back at about 25K miles. Warranty picked it up.
I have extended warranty for another year or so. Then maybe time for a fresh CL. Maybe go CL63. I just got that hose recall so next service that will get fixed. Overall its a great car. My only ***** with mine is letting it sit for more than about 4 days the battery will be drained. Think its a door/window module acting up and draining the current.