CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Future Cl600 Owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2002 | 05:47 PM

2003 Range Rover HSE
Future Cl600 Owner

I just wanted to introduce myself to all of the current owners of what could possibly be the best vehicles on the road today, the CL series Benzito. I want to compliment you all on your taste and inform you that shortly I will be the newest member to the club.

I just passed my Series 3 License Exam this Saturday and have been a Commodities Broker for the past 2 weeks. I can finally start earning commissions for all of the hard work I've been putting in! One fellow colleague who has been working at my brokerage for a little over 5 months just bought a 7-series BMW. This other clown who has been here for about 3 months just bought a Lex LX470. Decent cars, but I have vowed to make the CL my first gift to myself so I can fade both of them.

If there are any other financial advisors on this or any other thread that would like to share any advice or suggestions as I embark on my career, please do! In addition, if anybody can recommend a good dealership to buy my CL from in the southern Cali area it would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and not to worry, I'm not a poser like a lot of these other clowns on this website who claim to be future CL owners. My CL is as good as purchased....
Old 07-17-2002 | 12:40 AM

congrats! hopefully i'll be on your status one day. keep up the good work. some good dealerships I know of are Calabassas motorcars, MBZ of beverly hills, and fletcher jones in newport beach. Have fun with your new whip because I know I would. I might also suggest the color silver or white. peace.
Old 07-17-2002 | 12:55 AM

2000 CLK 320
congratulations....a beautiful car indeed....

on suggestions on where to purchase, I would not recommend Fletcher Jones....if they have one sitting on the parking lot, they've probably over priced it. Their customer service is also not the best as one of the CLK threads stated. I like the people at MB Laguna Niguel more. I also hear House of Imports is very good, many people are very happy with their service. Again, congratulations on the car and seeing that hard work pays off....

if you don't mind, what was your major back in college? I am one of those lost college boys still unsure with the direction of my life but I've always been intrigued with finance and economics...
Old 07-17-2002 | 02:48 AM

2003 CL 55 AMG
CL 600

Congratulations!!!! I would recommend Beverly Hills Limited Dealership. I am currently awaiting my CL 55 from them and they have treated me with excellence. You can specifically ask for a sales associate named Shelley Fischer he is great. The number is 1-310-659-2980, you can let him know Nathan referred you if you like he is very truthful and thorough. If you desire any accessories for your CL you can contact www.3xlmotoring.com they as well are great.
Old 07-17-2002 | 12:50 PM

2003 Range Rover HSE
Thanks a lot guys for the dealer recommendations. I'm probably going to try all three, (minus Fletcher Jones because I've also heard nothing but bad reviews from a couple of people).

>>>if you don't mind, what was your major back in college? I am one of those lost college boys still unsure with the direction of my life but I've always been intrigued with finance and economics...<<<

You may or may not be surprised by my response to this inquiry Funky102 but I'm 22 yrs. old and nowhere close to finishing school yet. To answer your question, I'm a Business Finance major at U.S.C. I took a leave of absence for the past year to work at Merrill Lynch as a financial analyst. Crunching numbers has never been my thing and since day one I had been intrigued with the sales aspect of the financial services industry.

I just got hired at a significantly smaller brokerage than ML and let me be honest with you...the smaller brokerages DONT care what your educational background is, what grades you got while in school, who your mommy or daddy was, or whether or not your professors liked you, ALL they care about is whether or not you can SELL. Thats it! There are 19 and 20 yr. old kids working at my firm pushing Navigators and X5's in the market to buy houses. The extent of their educations reach no further than junior college and their parents never had money. Its all about being hungry. I almost feel like a schmuck for spending all of the money I did on SC.

To give you some perspective, my buddies from freshman year have already graduated this past June and have started jobs with salaries ranging from $45k-55k a year. I'm on pace to make damn near triple that by the end of the year. My team leader is 30 and consistently earns $200k worth of monthly commissions income. Bottom line is, if the financial services industry is your thing, particularly of the brokerage of securities and investments, than your major really doesnt matter.
Old 07-18-2002 | 05:59 PM

College kid here too at cal state LA and looking to transfer to ucla. majoring in english journalism and focused on sports writing in periodicals and newspapers for now. In the future starting my own publication or sports network (tv and/or radio). I wanna give espn a run for their money. On the side im also interested in writing movie scripts and tv pilots.
Old 12-30-2005 | 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by nduarte
Congratulations!!!! I would recommend Beverly Hills Limited Dealership. I am currently awaiting my CL 55 from them and they have treated me with excellence. You can specifically ask for a sales associate named Shelley Fischer he is great. The number is 1-310-659-2980, you can let him know Nathan referred you if you like he is very truthful and thorough. If you desire any accessories for your CL you can contact www.3xlmotoring.com they as well are great.
Nduarte, I cant find that place 3xlmotoring. the link does not work.

Trending Topics

Old 01-05-2006 | 01:29 PM

360 Spider
Originally Posted by y2k2ismine
If there are any other financial advisors on this or any other thread that would like to share any advice or suggestions as I embark on my career, please do!
All I can say is I worked as an FA for a big house after college...I bought an Acura TL a few months after passing my 7 which was the best I could do on my salary. I hated the job and dreaded work everyday. The best move I ever made was taking a risk and switching careers. It will take ALOT of time and HARD work to make a decent living these days as a FA. Good luck!