Can not decide!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 09:48 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 BMW 6.30i Coupe
Can not decide!

Hello, I'm thinkin' about a benz, and I'm down to 3 models (New SL 500(388bhp)- ML 63 AMG or CLS 55 AMG) they all about the same price, ML is a little more expensive. Don't suggest SL 55, it's too much expensive than those 3. And maybe I can consider the upcoming CL 500, but don't have an idea about the prices.

What do you think about those 4?
Old 02-28-2006, 03:27 PM

NSX
How can this be a tough decision for you? one is an SUV and one is a convertible 2 door, one is a 4 door. You want my opinion, the ML would be out... I know its the AMG, but it doesn't perform like the other two. And you will be reminded of that, everytime you are behind the wheel. I personally don't get the concept of a high performance SUV. Its like dressing up a pig. You can only do so much with it. And that performance comes at a huge cost of effeciency, i.e., gasoline and pollution.

So it comes to an SL or a CLS. This would be easy for me too... do you want to have a car whose top comes down? I think that is a HUGE plus. The CLS is a very cool 4 door. It will get the most looks right now (at least more than an SL with the top up). But when the weather is nice, there is nothing better than an SL.

The CLS will have the highest resale value. Followed by the SL, followed by the ML. Listen I know the 63 is very cool, but in another year or two there will be hundreds of ML's on the road. With soccer moms hauling around their kids. Is that what you want? No one will care yours is a 500 HP AMG model. To most novice people its just another ML. And for that, it will take a big hit.

Really I think your choice should be between the SL and CLS, and that will just have to be made on if the extra room is more important or the open air motoring.

Good luck.

Last edited by AMG2GO; 02-28-2006 at 03:39 PM.
Old 02-28-2006, 04:58 PM
Almost a Member!

2006 BMW 6.30i Coupe
Originally Posted by AMG2GO
How can this be a tough decision for you? one is an SUV and one is a convertible 2 door, one is a 4 door. You want my opinion, the ML would be out... I know its the AMG, but it doesn't perform like the other two. And you will be reminded of that, everytime you are behind the wheel. I personally don't get the concept of a high performance SUV. Its like dressing up a pig. You can only do so much with it. And that performance comes at a huge cost of effeciency, i.e., gasoline and pollution.

So it comes to an SL or a CLS. This would be easy for me too... do you want to have a car whose top comes down? I think that is a HUGE plus. The CLS is a very cool 4 door. It will get the most looks right now (at least more than an SL with the top up). But when the weather is nice, there is nothing better than an SL.

The CLS will have the highest resale value. Followed by the SL, followed by the ML. Listen I know the 63 is very cool, but in another year or two there will be hundreds of ML's on the road. With soccer moms hauling around their kids. Is that what you want? No one will care yours is a 500 HP AMG model. To most novice people its just another ML. And for that, it will take a big hit.

Really I think your choice should be between the SL and CLS, and that will just have to be made on if the extra room is more important or the open air motoring.

Good luck.

Thanks a lot for your opinion. I know these are very different classes of cars, but I really don't know. ML 63 AMG is the fastest SUV in the world, with 0-100 is 5 seconds. I like the look of SL's so much, but I don't know because it's only for 2 people. I just sold an SLK because I need more room, but new 500 engine of SL's takes my mind of to it. But it has the same price with CLS 55, and you know it's a AMG And you say there will be hundreds of ML's out there, but I know the 63 of ML will be just 2-3 maximum in my city. We have maximum 10 55's of old ML's. And I really don't care too much about people think it's just an ML, I know what it is and it could be enough

I think my ranking 1-ML 2-SL 3-CL 4-CLS

I really don't know..
Old 02-28-2006, 05:25 PM

NSX
Well... you know what I drive on a daily basis? A $20,000 Honda Element. That's because I haul a lot of things, I eat in my car, I drive through snow banks, I park next to shopping carts, and I need decent gas milage. It fits the bill. And I look like a geek driving it, but I consider that kinda fun.

Then on weekends and when I want to go anywhere, I take my CL600. If I had an ML63, I still would not be hauling stuff with it. And I wouldn't go offroading in it, and I would worry about where I parked it. So then what is the point really. Its an SUV that has the benefits of an SUV, but its way too nice to actually use any of that functionality. Its "too nice" for an SUV if you know what I mean.

I'd buy an SL and a 1994 Toyota 4runner if I needed more room. 388 HP now and a seven speed trans, that thing boogies... and in the summer... its oh so cool. FYI I just e-mailed a couple of girls (in their late 20's) about these 2 cars. They didn't hesitate for a second. The SL got the vote hands down. I tried explaining the 63 has an AMG engine, 500 HP, blah blah... they could care less. It was all about the convertible.
Old 02-28-2006, 05:34 PM
Almost a Member!

2006 BMW 6.30i Coupe
Originally Posted by AMG2GO
Well... you know what I drive on a daily basis? A $20,000 Honda Element. That's because I haul a lot of things, I eat in my car, I drive through snow banks, I park next to shopping carts, and I need decent gas milage. It fits the bill. And I look like a geek driving it, but I consider that kinda fun.

Then on weekends and when I want to go anywhere, I take my CL600. If I had an ML63, I still would not be hauling stuff with it. And I wouldn't go offroading in it, and I would worry about where I parked it. So then what is the point really. Its an SUV that has the benefits of an SUV, but its way too nice to actually use any of that functionality. Its "too nice" for an SUV if you know what I mean.

I'd buy an SL and a 1994 Toyota 4runner if I needed more room. 388 HP now and a seven speed trans, that thing boogies... and in the summer... its oh so cool. FYI I just e-mailed a couple of girls (in their late 20's) about these 2 cars. They didn't hesitate for a second. The SL got the vote hands down. I tried explaining the 63 has an AMG engine, 500 HP, blah blah... they could care less. It was all about the convertible.

Thanks a lot for your honest opinion. I have a BMW 6.30 Coupe and I always worry about where I park. As i said in another post, i would not even think about if SL has a little more room in the back, as in the older models. I still don't know, but you helped a lot. Thanks