Need help in choosing CL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'99 S320,
Need help in choosing CL

Hi,
I'm on the point of buying a '00 CL. I live in Poland and I'll be importing it from Germany. My problem is that I don't know whether to choose a CL 600 or CL 500 What are the differences in performance and fuel consumption? What are the details to which should I draw my attention while buying a used-one CL? Thank you in advance for all the replies.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:23 PM

NSX
Originally Posted by mpimp
Hi,
I'm on the point of buying a '00 CL. I live in Poland and I'll be importing it from Germany. My problem is that I don't know whether to choose a CL 600 or CL 500 What are the differences in performance and fuel consumption? What are the details to which should I draw my attention while buying a used-one CL? Thank you in advance for all the replies.
there is no '00 CL600. 01 is the first year. As a used car it represents more value. It also will depreciate less into the future because it has somewhat leveled off... its a lot more rare than a 500. Of course new you would be screwed as it has the highest depreciation, but looking at an 01, you are safe. Having said this, the V8 may be more reliable. Its an engine that was around longer and is in many models. 01 was the first year for that 12.

Performance is definitely a notch up on the V8 with the V12... fuel consumption is almost the same because that V12 shuts 6 cylinders off during cruise, and because economy is based mainly on weight and aerodynamics, not so much engine size.

Its an expensive car to repair. If you have no warranty, be really careful.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:27 AM

'99 S320,
Originally Posted by AMG2GO
there is no '00 CL600.
Of course, there is not -my mistake. And thank you for the info.