CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

annoying audio problem, i cannot really figure out what it is but...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 01:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 CL500
annoying audio problem, i cannot really figure out what it is but...

this started about two weeks ago. whenever i play audio cd's in the nav slot the sound gets static feedback noises, it skips like my cd's are scratched when they are not. SO, i bought a cd player lens cleaner and it worked...so i thought. only one day later, it was doing the same crap again . even worse, i also noticed that the cd's in the magazine cuts out for a second every now and then...and it is not the integrated phone because it has not been in the car for a month and a half. i really don't know what is going on but it is pissing me off. the problem seems to be DEVELOPING. thanks in advance.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:50 AM
Banned

2001,CL 500
are you supposed to play cds in the nav slot, opposed to the six cd changer in the trunk??
Old 05-26-2006, 03:26 PM

2003 CL500
i use both and it shouldn't matter, it should be able to play everything the player is compatible with. i called the dealership and they told me what they always say to EVERY problem, 'uh, we're gonna probably have to um replace the whole nav/comand unit, probably. yes.' so stupid. so frustrating.