CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Weird gas peddle, 5 second delay

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 12:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 GMC Sierra
Weird gas peddle, 5 second delay

I got in the CL600 tonight after I cleaned it up and all of a sudden the check engine light came on. After that the car acted funny, the gas peddle has a 5 second delay and if you press it all the way down there is no downshift.
Anyone have an idea of what is going on? I will see if they can look at it tomorron at Fletcher's service center.

Ed
Old 08-26-2006, 01:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by sped
I got in the CL600 tonight after I cleaned it up and all of a sudden the check engine light came on. After that the car acted funny, the gas peddle has a 5 second delay and if you press it all the way down there is no downshift.
Anyone have an idea of what is going on? I will see if they can look at it tomorron at Fletcher's service center.

Ed
I would be looking at worn engine sensors. Crankshaft and Camshaft sensors perhaps. Then there is also a vacuum check and air mass sensor.

Without more details on the idle and the error code its hard to say.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 GMC Sierra
Well the diagnosis is back. The gas peddle is bad, that was the first code removed from the code log. Second and more important was the misfire on 10, 11, and 12. Seems the O2 sensor has been troubled and sending incorrect readings to the computer so the cylinders have not been firing correctly. More good news for the GM Protection plan! Now I have to wait and see what they say as to covering the repairs. While I have it in I am also having them look at the PSE to see if it's bad, the phone is not initializing. I installed a Mikbox months ago and have always had issues with it. At first the technician said the phone would work for a few weeks then it would burn up the PSE. I explained that I had installed hardware for the phone to communicate with the car and after a full explanation the tech said it may be the PSE after all.....we'll see.

Ed