CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Help from any pro's out there.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 12:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ex 03 W215 now 08 e92 M3
Help from any pro's out there.

I need new mats!!! I have had no luck getting OEM replacement floormats from two different dealerships. The deal is I want the replacements to match what I've got. (less all the dirt of course)

Each of the seven attempts at the two different parts counters have netted the same result...I get a color that does NOT match the lighter carpeting color as my originals do and they always end up being a much darker grey. They've tried different colors with different model years and even tried getting one from an S class.

Does anyone have any suggestions or similar stories for this it's an '03 Horizon Blue CL 500 with an interior color listed as ash grey even though it looks like an off-white.

Pic below:

Old 09-27-2006, 12:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
'16 S550 Coupe, '11 Lexus LS460, '02 CL500 (SOLD)
I don't understand why the color of the new mats are not the same as your carpet if you are providing the dealer with the proper color code. Out of curosity, is it possible your carpet is faded with time or possibly from shampooing? If you're sure your carpet is the same color as when it was new, perhaps you can find out where the carpet is made and send them a small sample of yours (taken from under the seat where it wouldn't be visable). I just find it hard to believe that MB would change the color of an interior item that was not the same as the original since few people would be satisfied with such a product.
Another thing you could do is find a new CL with your interior and match your sample with it. Good luck.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

One other thing I would do is compare a sample from under the seat to the area you're comparing to the new mats. That will tell you if the color has changed.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ex 03 W215 now 08 e92 M3
Jud:

Thanks for the reply. I am just as stunned as you are to be finding this out.

What gets me is that all of the dealership people say "Just get the darker mats, you don't want them to be light anyway-they get dirty" -YES I DO WANT THE LIGHTER ONES! I want the mats to match the carpet.

As you suggested, I checked the carpet from beneath the seat as well as beneath the mat. The mat has deteriorated due to normal wear, but the overall color, especially from areas not worn by foot contact match exactly the color of the surrounding carpeting-so it does not appear that my carpeting/mats have faded due to the color uniformity of the worn/non-worn areas incl. under the seat. I don't know what to make of this.

Your idea about taking a swatch and having it matched (like they do at home depot for paint) may have potential...I have already had one of the rear's "disappear" from one of the dealers after leaving it with them as a sample for a couple weeks while they "looked into it" so I don't want to give up any more.

Thanks again for the ideas and response.

Anybody with this color interior have any luck finding replacement mats that match?
Old 09-28-2006, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

OC, were you able to find a new CL with your interior to match your sample? Check your dealer's lot.