CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

keyless GO and distance warning issues, does anyone know anything about

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 12:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 CL500
keyless GO and distance warning issues, does anyone know anything about

these glitches? i think my keyless GO system has a weak antennae. very delayed opening response. sometimes it says 'key not recognized' and then after delay, it is ok as if nothing happened . i don't think it is the card battery or interference issue. also, the distance warning beep keeps changing its tone...from one day the usual beep to a louder more obnoxious rougher sounding beep. these things really **** me off. it started after i got it back from my dealer 2 weeks ago. gotta make another appointment to knock some heads in
Old 10-03-2006, 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
'16 S550 Coupe, '11 Lexus LS460, '02 CL500 (SOLD)
I would check/replace the battery before I would do anything else. When you say you "don't think it's the battery", that's not the way to troubleshoot.
Old 10-03-2006, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 CL500
oh, i think i should have went into more detail. just like everyone else i have 2 manual keys, and 2 card keys. my dealer replaced the battery while one of the card keys was in his possession because it started to have problems...it actually got worse. so i said just let me bring and use my other card key when i pick the car up. i did and it was fine..then a few days later IT too started to have the same problems. does something need to be reset?