links installation, help request

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 01:39 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is a ///AMG badged CL500.
links installation, help request

planning on purchasing a set of links from adjustableairirde.com. does anyone know any local shops or person who has experience with the links installation? any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:52 AM

2003 CL55 stage 4 Renntech and 2006 CLS55 AMG
I would recommend a lowering module. Renntech or Carlsson. I see more people who have had the modified links switch to the module including myself.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL500
Question

Originally Posted by tkracing
I would recommend a lowering module. Renntech or Carlsson. I see more people who have had the modified links switch to the module including myself.
why
Old 02-11-2007, 10:43 PM

2003 CL55 stage 4 Renntech and 2006 CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by herzog racing
why
Modified linkage does not tell the computer on how much compression (air pressure) to either increase or decrease to compensate for ride quality. Giving the vehicle a different ride as well as possibilities of damaging air hydrolic suspension (not to mention front fenders). Very expensive if not under warranty and if the dealership finds out its on Modified links they probably will try to get out of it.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:41 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 CLK63 Cab
Originally Posted by tkracing
Modified linkage does not tell the computer on how much compression (air pressure) to either increase or decrease to compensate for ride quality. Giving the vehicle a different ride as well as possibilities of damaging air hydrolic suspension (not to mention front fenders). Very expensive if not under warranty and if the dealership finds out its on Modified links they probably will try to get out of it.
How do you think the dealer would react with a module in there especially if it was one that you had to cut wires to install??? The system is actaully not air pressure aswell. Its hydraulic. Module's just lower the vehicle by changing the voltage comming from the sensor to the computer. The only other thing they do is not lower the vehicle that fraction of an inche at high speeds.

Have had my links in for years with absolutely no problem.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
Originally Posted by John V.
How do you think the dealer would react with a module in there especially if it was one that you had to cut wires to install??? The system is actaully not air pressure aswell. Its hydraulic. Module's just lower the vehicle by changing the voltage comming from the sensor to the computer. The only other thing they do is not lower the vehicle that fraction of an inche at high speeds.

Have had my links in for years with absolutely no problem.

Unlike the links, those using the module can conveniently adjust their ride ride at any time without going underneath the car. The Renntech module also has a rotary switch that turns it off.