Warranty Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes!
Warranty Help

Hey everyone,

My warranty is about to run out on my 02 CL600. The warranty is an EasyCare TotalCare which is pretty comprehensive and isn't bad at all. However, the warranty was for 4 years/up to 75,000 miles. Now, my car has about 73,000 miles on it so I won't be making to the 4 year mark. My dilemma is that I need to buy a warranty for the max amount of time and mileage. Obviously, the warranty is going to be expensive on a 12 cylinder engine because it's so labor intensive and many things are bound to malfunction. I live in the Chicago area and started shopping around different dealers. I've gotten quoted for 2 years/24,000 miles (not super-comprehensive) for $5800 to $2400 for minimum coverage (engine mostly). As you all know, the engine is bulletproof on the 600s. It's the electrical stuff that's the problem. Can anyone refer me to a good warranty company/person/etc? And, should I try my luck by shopping around? The best warranty quote I got so far was from Loeber Motors, Inc (Lincolnwood, IL) which offered me a 3 year/36k super-comprehensive for $4977 minus repairs, inspection, etc.

Thanks a mil,

Mo