Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 02:20 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 SL55, 2000 CL500
Question CL500 and the Time Change

Need some help. I know. Read the book.
My book is somewhere misplaced in my last move.
Its in one of those boxes in the garage.

My 2000 CL500 has not Sync`d up with the satellite and
updated the time. Its an hour behind still.
I went into the command menu to change it.
At first it looks like it will let me. Then it grays out and shows
the satellite logo. Ok whats the trick here guys.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:31 PM
Banned

2005 SL55, 2000 CL500
I Cheated

OK. I tried this patch.
I just set it in command to Mountain time for now.
Lets see if I have to go back when they either tweek the satellite
or when it normally changed in a couple more weeks.
At least the time on the dash is correct for now.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:51 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2015 S550 Coupe
My 06 CL500 does not seem to get its time from the Satellite so I just changed it. I found it strange that it did not but didn't think too much about it.

If you 00 CL500 does get its time from the Satellite then any behavior surrounding the recent DST change is likely related to software in your CL not the Satellite. Your CL takes the generic GMT time from the Satellite and converts it into your selected timezone. It's this conversion that needs to be patched which is why all PC, handheld device, etc. software was updated to handle the recent DST change. It would be analogous for the CL software to also require a change. Yuck.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:29 PM
Banned

2005 SL55, 2000 CL500
Originally Posted by mikey94025
My 06 CL500 does not seem to get its time from the Satellite so I just changed it. I found it strange that it did not but didn't think too much about it.

If you 00 CL500 does get its time from the Satellite then any behavior surrounding the recent DST change is likely related to software in your CL not the Satellite. Your CL takes the generic GMT time from the Satellite and converts it into your selected timezone. It's this conversion that needs to be patched which is why all PC, handheld device, etc. software was updated to handle the recent DST change. It would be analogous for the CL software to also require a change. Yuck.
Mikey
Got a feeling you are "dead on" here with your diagnosis.
I guess the car will just need to live in "Mountain Time" until the old time change date comes. Thanks for the input.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:30 PM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
2024 AMG G63, 2023 Bentley GTC Speed
Originally Posted by bltserv
Need some help. I know. Read the book.
My book is somewhere misplaced in my last move.
Its in one of those boxes in the garage.

My 2000 CL500 has not Sync`d up with the satellite and
updated the time. Its an hour behind still.
I went into the command menu to change it.
At first it looks like it will let me. Then it grays out and shows
the satellite logo. Ok whats the trick here guys.
Mercedes sent me this email Saturday with instructions for the time change:

We regret that our prior email did not direct you to the clock change instructions for your Mercedes-Benz.

In an effort to assist you with setting the clock on March 11th, we've included instructions below which are applicable to most models. If you're still having trouble setting the clock, please refer to the detailed instructions for your specific model and year in your Operator's Manual.

Depending on your vehicle model, clock adjustments may be performed through your instrument cluster, steering-wheel controls, or through your vehicle's COMAND system. Scroll down to find the instructions for your Mercedes-Benz.

Setting the clock using the COMAND controls

Step 1
Press the SVC button.

Step 2
Highlight and select System Settings by rotating and clicking the rotary knob.

Step 3
Highlight and select Settings.

Step 4
Highlight and select Date/Time on the settings menu and press to confirm. The menu displays the date and the time with the minutes highlighted.

Step 5
Press the right-hand rotary/button (on newer systems, use the arrows to select minutes or hours). When setting mode is active, the minutes will be highlighted.

Step 6
Turn the right-hand rotary/button to the right. Each click or press will move the time ahead in one-minute increments (on systems without a rotary knob, the up or down arrow is used to adjust minutes or hours; with GPS reception, the time is changed in 30-minute increments).

Step 7
Turn the right-hand rotary/button to the left. Each click or press will move the time back in one-minute increments (with GPS reception, the time is changed in 30-minute increments).

Step 8
To exit the system, press the Back button or hold the rotary/button for more than two seconds (on newer systems press the Back key or OK to save your settings).

Hope this helps, it worked for me (2002 CL600).

v8plus4
Old 03-15-2007, 10:13 PM
2WT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W215 CL600
exactly what i did. that's what the Tele Aid button is for ! bwahaha.. I was having the same thing on the clock until I called them.