CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Want to integrate an IPOD into your CL? =)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey what's up everyone. I've been dying to integrate an IPOD into my CL. I have a 2001 CL500. After months of searching for the perfect way of doing it, I finally found a solution, the Dension Gateway500. This system is really amazing. You control your ipod through the stock cd controls (including your steering wheel controls) while maintaining your stock cd changer...

Anyhow, for my birthday I decided to treat myself to one, only thing is that my girlfriend decided to treat me to one as well.. After both her and I going through hell to find and get them, I now have 2 of them.. LOL

Anyhow, I am willing to sell one for a reasonable price. I paid $500 plus shipping, etc. It works with any CL from 2000 to 2005 as well as other benz's. I am attaching a link of the product below for your information. If you have any questions or want to make an offer feel free to email me directly at:

cthoughts1@tmail.com

http://www.dension.com/icelinkgateway500.php
Old 05-04-2007, 05:28 PM

2003 CL600
ipod

Originally Posted by deviilsadvocate

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey what's up everyone. I've been dying to integrate an IPOD into my CL. I have a 2001 CL500. After months of searching for the perfect way of doing it, I finally found a solution, the Dension Gateway500. This system is really amazing. You control your ipod through the stock cd controls (including your steering wheel controls) while maintaining your stock cd changer...

Anyhow, for my birthday I decided to treat myself to one, only thing is that my girlfriend decided to treat me to one as well.. After both her and I going through hell to find and get them, I now have 2 of them.. LOL

Anyhow, I am willing to sell one for a reasonable price. I paid $500 plus shipping, etc. It works with any CL from 2000 to 2005 as well as other benz's. I am attaching a link of the product below for your information. If you have any questions or want to make an offer feel free to email me directly at:

cthoughts1@tmail.com

http://www.dension.com/icelinkgateway500.php

open your glovebox. there should be an auxillary plug on either the left or right side. buy youself a $20 monster cable, select aux on your command system, and voila! ipod integration.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:45 PM
Banned

2001,CL 500
Originally Posted by giggalo
open your glovebox. there should be an auxillary plug on either the left or right side. buy youself a $20 monster cable, select aux on your command system, and voila! ipod integration.
why dont i have an aux plug in my gl0ve box and an aux button on the comand? is this a 2003+ thing?
Old 05-06-2007, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by blahzayblah
why dont i have an aux plug in my gl0ve box and an aux button on the comand? is this a 2003+ thing?

yes
Old 10-14-2007, 02:32 PM

2004 CL55
My '04 doesn't have it. It has a cap where I can tell there might be an aux input, but no actual input. See the pic below.
Attached Thumbnails Want to integrate an IPOD into your CL? =)-04-no-input.jpg  
Old 10-14-2007, 02:52 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2015 S550 Coupe
My '06 doesn't have it either, similar cap as prev poster's image. Sounds like some option adds it.

Also, being able to feed the music through the jack is a nice start but full control of the ipod via the car's normal controls is a major step up in functionality. I don't think it's worth $500 for me, but for some people it is (just as it is worth $1500+ for some people to get full mobile phone integration).