Oxygen Sensor/MAS/WTF!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 01:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes!
Oxygen Sensor/MAS/WTF!

Hey everyone,

I just moved down south from Chicago. The weather down here is much more pleasant for my CL than Chi. Anyway, my "friendly" check engine light is on again. This time its been on for a while, a few months to be exact. I've been busy travelling so I haven't got a chance to take it to MB. The car idles mostly when I'm at a standstill (i.e. waiting at light, etc, @0 rpms). However, soon as I give it some throttle, the idling goes away and the car accelerates normally without lag or delay, not turbo lag--I have an 02. This happened earlier this year and I got the problem remedied at my dealership. It was a combination of an oxygen sensor and a mass air flow sensor. Now, is this the same problem reoccurring due to bad labor and placement of the parts? What are any other tell tale signs? Please help with some insight. Thanks.

Sincerely,
Mr.-if I had a nickel for everytime I've seen the Check Engine Light!
Old 08-21-2007, 07:19 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 SL55, 2000 CL500
Originally Posted by CoupeLeicht600
Hey everyone,

I just moved down south from Chicago. The weather down here is much more pleasant for my CL than Chi. Anyway, my "friendly" check engine light is on again. This time its been on for a while, a few months to be exact. I've been busy travelling so I haven't got a chance to take it to MB. The car idles mostly when I'm at a standstill (i.e. waiting at light, etc, @0 rpms). However, soon as I give it some throttle, the idling goes away and the car accelerates normally without lag or delay, not turbo lag--I have an 02. This happened earlier this year and I got the problem remedied at my dealership. It was a combination of an oxygen sensor and a mass air flow sensor. Now, is this the same problem reoccurring due to bad labor and placement of the parts? What are any other tell tale signs? Please help with some insight. Thanks.

Sincerely,
Mr.-if I had a nickel for everytime I've seen the Check Engine Light!
I am sure its the same as on my CL500. That pesky CE light.
Now that I replaced all the oxygen sensors. I think there are 3 total.
And the MAF sensor. I have not seen the "CE light of death" for months.
The trick is to get all those Oxygen sensors replaced.
Mine started failing at about 40K miles and every couple months another would go till they all had been replaced. Now no more CE light.