CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Sprint booster for CL500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 11:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes CL500
Sprint booster for CL500

Has anyone here tried it on his/her CL500?

I've read quite a few threads about this product and essentially, what I learned from it is that this device "tricks" the ECU into thinking that the throttle is being depressed much more than it should and therefore, creating a quicker feel to the car.

A few members stated that the Sprint booster made a huge day and night difference because it virtually eliminates the one second "delay" or "hesitation" when one floors the gas pedal.

The following is what I don't quite understand:

1. Wouldn't stumping the gas pedal achieve the same effect without the Sprint booster? And if the claimed one second delay by throttle stumping is eliminated, will it mean that the 1/4 mile time and 0-60mph are likewise going to be improved?

2. Who is selling this product nowadays? I searched the internet and checked under www.slkfans.com, www.slkfan.com, www.sprintbooster.com and nothing really came up. Could anyone provide a website for this product?

3. Does anyone have actual time slip after installing this product?

4. For those of you who use the product, how much has fuel consumption increased?

5. Can this product be used without resetting the ECU?

Thanks!

Jon
Old 01-27-2008, 11:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes CL500
I found the following website:

http://www.sprintbooster.gr/en/index...tpage&Itemid=1

It appears to be based in Greece. I wonder if there's a retailer's website that's U.S. based.

Jon
Old 01-28-2008, 03:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG, CL500, Jag StypeR, SLK200, Aygo, Audi TT
I have the sprintbooster in my Cl500. It was in my C32 AMG but when I sold that I just unplugged and put in the Cl500.

Did it make a difference? Hell yes.

Put it this way - I took the car to my MB dealer and when the techie got in the car to take it in the workshop he came running back to me saying 'that is the most reponsive CL I have ever driven - have you tuned it or something?'

I said no and kept quiet about the sprintbooster

Its the instantanious response from the throttle that this is all about. I dont see it making the car faster BUT it sure as hell feels like it. Its an immediate rev - very snappy - the best £150 I spent on the car.

I got mine off ebay - turned up in 3 days - very happy
Old 01-28-2008, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big and Heavy 03 CL
Originally Posted by shanusanus
I have the sprintbooster in my Cl500. It was in my C32 AMG but when I sold that I just unplugged and put in the Cl500.

Did it make a difference? Hell yes.

Put it this way - I took the car to my MB dealer and when the techie got in the car to take it in the workshop he came running back to me saying 'that is the most reponsive CL I have ever driven - have you tuned it or something?'

I said no and kept quiet about the sprintbooster

Its the instantanious response from the throttle that this is all about. I dont see it making the car faster BUT it sure as hell feels like it. Its an immediate rev - very snappy - the best £150 I spent on the car.

I got mine off ebay - turned up in 3 days - very happy
+1 for sprintbooster.

I bought mine about a month after taking dlivery of my CL and it's true....night/day. There is no increase in speed whatsoever. You are not changing any of the performance capability of the car. You are just fooling the potentiometer thus getting rid of drive-by-wire lag that exists in our cars. Stomping the pedal won't do what the SB does...you will still have the lag when you mash. And I don't know about you guys but not every situation calls for stomping but it is nice to have an immediate response when you press the gas. There are two versions (a) and (b)...I'm not sure which letter is for which one but just don't buy the AMG version...get the standard one. I've just heard from others that the standard model is best. Sprintbooster is an awesome addition to the car. Some people will talk you out of it and say its BS but decide for yourself and try it. If you don't like it...they are quick to sell on Ebay or this forum.