Open canvas with a stock CL600

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 09:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Porsches, Merc's, Audi's and my cherished collection of classics
Open canvas with a stock CL600

Hi all,

I'm running a stock MY01 CL600 that i feel is about time to have some fun with. I'm currently looking for a tweak to the standard styling, and whereas i'm a fan of stealthy mods to the car i can't help thinking that the AMG kit is the best looking one out there.

I'm also in the market for exhaust packages and have already got in touch with DMS for their ~400Hp/lb.ft upgrade which sounds quite reasonable for £850 (+vat). Does anyone recommend their lowering kit too?

However, where can i start in looking for the AMG kit first of all? Any reputable shops/sellers for recommendation? Enjoying a little DIY, is it a simple R&R jobby from the standard kit?

Thanks

Pop
Old 02-21-2008, 08:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
s65
don't know about the AMG stuff, but try a mercedes grave yard and purchase them used. Simple stuff to make the car nicer would include clear mirror turn signal upgrades and clear bumper turn signal upgrades. Grab a set of 20's and drop it. There is a good DIY on here

How much are they charging you for that ecu upgrade??

Last edited by onelightmind; 02-21-2008 at 09:00 PM.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Porsches, Merc's, Audi's and my cherished collection of classics
Originally Posted by onelightmind
don't know about the AMG stuff, but try a mercedes grave yard and purchase them used. Simple stuff to make the car nicer would include clear mirror turn signal upgrades and clear bumper turn signal upgrades. Grab a set of 20's and drop it. There is a good DIY on here

How much are they charging you for that ecu upgrade??
Well that's just it - i'm looking for advice on UK firms that i can be recommended to enquire with. A usual Google search for salvage yards hasn't turned up much, notwithstanding the fact that cosmetic items such as these are almost impossible to get in good condition considering the nature of the source.

The car came with clear lenses all round. Must admit however, with the extent of mod'ing on this forum, i wasn't expecting such a low turnout.

Pop