CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Is this correct...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2002, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01, Blk/Blk S500
Is this correct...

I was/am going crazy waiting for the new SL. I thought I hit upon a wonderful idea. "Why not lease a CL 500?" So off I went to the website "mbusa.com" and built my own CL 500. The lease calculator came in at $1,400.

I called my dealer and asked him what the lease price would be for an average CL...he said $2,200 abouts.

You guys with CL's is that correct? I have a fully loaded S500 with the works, the four place seating, four zone climate control etc and I pay $1,700 right now. Why is the CL so expensive?

E D U M A C A T E M E !

2001 S500
2003 SL500 (please get here soon/on order)
Old 01-10-2002, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1995 Jaguar XJS Convertible
Re: Is this correct...

Originally posted by Nick
I was/am going crazy waiting for the new SL. I thought I hit upon a wonderful idea. "Why not lease a CL 500?" So off I went to the website "mbusa.com" and built my own CL 500. The lease calculator came in at $1,400.

I called my dealer and asked him what the lease price would be for an average CL...he said $2,200 abouts.

You guys with CL's is that correct? I have a fully loaded S500 with the works, the four place seating, four zone climate control etc and I pay $1,700 right now. Why is the CL so expensive?

E D U M A C A T E M E !

2001 S500
2003 SL500 (please get here soon/on order)
It sounds as though the dealer is charging a premium on the car, as it is probably "used", and on his lot. Used simply means that the dealer has traded or sold cars with another dealer, and the car has more than 1 name on the title. Since there are more than 1 names on the title, he can legally sell it as used, even though it may only have < 300 miles on it.

If you go to the dealer, and place an order for a brand new one, and then indicate you want to lease, your lease figures may be that of the MBUSA.com site. But remember that your Mercedes-Benz dealer will determine final pricing, and Lease and Finance offers will vary.

Look at Autotrader.com, and or Cars.com and shop around... OR simply wait for your car!

I am going crazy waiting for the SL55.